Blow Me Suck Me

Scenes Blow Me Suck Me

I like the concept but after going though the discussion history and trying to troubleshoot I cannot get any voice recognition to work. I don't have any issue in other software. Mic works, windows picks up speech albeit flawed recognition. Again, like the concept but while I am sure some users are able to make this work there are those who cannot that would prefer manual ways to activate scene triggers.

I like the concept but after going though the discussion history and trying to troubleshoot I cannot get any voice recognition to work. I don't have any issue in other software. Mic works, windows picks up speech albeit flawed recognition. Again, like the concept but while I am sure some users are able to make this work there are those who cannot that would prefer manual ways to activate scene triggers.
I may try to add some buttons to the scene, but it was built around Voice Controller so it will require a lot of work. I'm really interested in figuring out why some users can't use Voice Controller. If you download the demo scene for Voice Controller, what happens when you try to use it? A few months ago, VC stopped working for me and I was stumped. The error was telling me that my computer was not capable of voice recognition, which obviously was bullshit. What I did to fix it was uninstall a recent update, Windows update (KB5014666). After I removed it, everything worked again. Later installs have not caused a problem, so I'm guessing that something was corrupted about that update and was later fixed.
Don't get discouraged by the bugs. It's so worth it to get this working. I guess I was lucky because I actually didn't have to enable voice recognition or anything on my computer and the plugin just worked the first time I tried it. I think the strategy has to be to keep it simple and if you start getting tangled up with all sorts of settings and parameters outside of VAM, it's the wrong path. In my experience, it's a really simple plugin that just works without any fuss. Take a look at Plugins - VoiceControl | Virt-A-Mate Hub (virtamate.com) and start from scratch on a scene with one atom and a light to get it to turn on and off with a simple command. Be sure to check the mic that is used by VAM, because it can be different that what is assigned to the default and that caused me some confusion at one point because I plugged in a USB box for my speakers and it caused the mic to switch to the box instead of my Quest 2.

Last edited:
The same without Voice Command please ?
My newer BJ scenes have buttons and voice control because I developed a different control system. This old scene has so many scattered elements and relies on old plugins, it would take a complete rebuild to add buttons. You should try my newer scenes. What don't you like about voice control?

My newer BJ scenes have buttons and voice control because I developed a different control system. This old scene has so many scattered elements and relies on old plugins, it would take a complete rebuild to add buttons. You should try my newer scenes. What don't you like about voice control?
My Computer Configuration does not take the Quest Mic in account(its available but just not working).
But thanks for the answer anyway, i hope you would make something that look similar in a better form.
Keep up the Good work.

My Computer Configuration does not take the Quest Mic in account(its available but just not working).
But thanks for the answer anyway, i hope you would make something that look similar in a better form.
Keep up the Good work.
Try a headset with a mic. I have the Quest 2 and 3, but I had a better experience with a heaset that has a mic in front of my mouth.

Voice control and this scene has been working for years so there may be other issues with your system. Can you describe the nature of the failure?
Voice commands don't work. Using a Quest 3 linked to PC. The start command "I love you" is not recognized after trying it multiple times. I made sure that virtamate is on screen on my pc. Note that voice commands do work in vamx (in the default vamx scene), so clearly virtamate is capable of accessing my microphone.

Voice commands don't work. Using a Quest 3 linked to PC. The start command "I love you" is not recognized after trying it multiple times. I made sure that virtamate is on screen on my pc. Note that voice commands do work in vamx (in the default vamx scene), so clearly virtamate is capable of accessing my microphone.
Check in the male atom to see that the Voice Command plugin is there and that the commands are set up. I have seen issues where the commands don't load even though they are in the var. Also check the confidence level that the plugin is set to for recognizing commands. I never had good luck with my Quest 2 so that is why I use a headset now.

Check in the male atom to see that the Voice Command plugin is there and that the commands are set up. I have seen issues where the commands don't load even though they are in the var. Also check the confidence level that the plugin is set to for recognizing commands. I never had good luck with my Quest 2 so that is why I use a headset now.
I have no idea how to do any of that. I could try to load it again to see if it works a second time, that's about the extent of what I know how to do.

Edit: ok, for anyone wandering by in the future, I figured out the problem. I had to change my settings to something like Allow Network Plugins, or allow plugins network access, or something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom