Blow Me Suck Me

Scenes Blow Me Suck Me

I like the concept but after going though the discussion history and trying to troubleshoot I cannot get any voice recognition to work. I don't have any issue in other software. Mic works, windows picks up speech albeit flawed recognition. Again, like the concept but while I am sure some users are able to make this work there are those who cannot that would prefer manual ways to activate scene triggers.

I like the concept but after going though the discussion history and trying to troubleshoot I cannot get any voice recognition to work. I don't have any issue in other software. Mic works, windows picks up speech albeit flawed recognition. Again, like the concept but while I am sure some users are able to make this work there are those who cannot that would prefer manual ways to activate scene triggers.
I may try to add some buttons to the scene, but it was built around Voice Controller so it will require a lot of work. I'm really interested in figuring out why some users can't use Voice Controller. If you download the demo scene for Voice Controller, what happens when you try to use it? A few months ago, VC stopped working for me and I was stumped. The error was telling me that my computer was not capable of voice recognition, which obviously was bullshit. What I did to fix it was uninstall a recent update, Windows update (KB5014666). After I removed it, everything worked again. Later installs have not caused a problem, so I'm guessing that something was corrupted about that update and was later fixed.
Don't get discouraged by the bugs. It's so worth it to get this working. I guess I was lucky because I actually didn't have to enable voice recognition or anything on my computer and the plugin just worked the first time I tried it. I think the strategy has to be to keep it simple and if you start getting tangled up with all sorts of settings and parameters outside of VAM, it's the wrong path. In my experience, it's a really simple plugin that just works without any fuss. Take a look at Plugins - VoiceControl | Virt-A-Mate Hub (virtamate.com) and start from scratch on a scene with one atom and a light to get it to turn on and off with a simple command. Be sure to check the mic that is used by VAM, because it can be different that what is assigned to the default and that caused me some confusion at one point because I plugged in a USB box for my speakers and it caused the mic to switch to the box instead of my Quest 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom