Question Best way to make Tattoo's

DankMacaroni

Reactions
Does anybody know what the best way to make custom Tattoo's for a character is?
I thought that it was as easy as placing a decal on the Skin and moving/scaling it around but that's obviously not the case.

The only way i've seen is to photoshop it onto the skin texture in the correct place, that obviously worked, but it's a lot of work. I want to place the tattoo from the hips which goes down onto the left leg. The alignment from Body to Skin texture is just messing with me.

Does anybody know an easier way or just has some tips on how to make it maybe a bit easier to align?

Thank you all in advance (y)

Im not aware of a better way to do it. I usually have photoshop on the other screen and VaM open on the other with the texture loaded on character. Then i just move around whatever im applying to the skin texture on photoshop, save it and reload it in VaM and see where it goes and how it looks there. Rinse and repeat until its where you want it. Gets way faster and easier to do after a while.

Upvote 0
I fear, the Photoshop-and-seamguides method is allready the most easiest way.
An other way would be to use a texturing tool that has the feature to paint over UV seams,
like Substance Painter, etc. It is more exact, but I dont think this is easier to use.
An other way would be to use a clothing item, like the full-body suit and create a tattoo-texture plus an alpha-map for the transparency. This might be a little more easy for decals ehich have to be displayed over body-seams.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom