Scenes Bed animation template

atani

Invaluable member
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
atani12.gitlab.io
atani submitted a new resource:

Bed animation template - A build-it yourself template for "quick" scene creation

🛌 Bed animation template 📝
A build-it yourself template for "quick" scene creation

Before you download, this is not a typical scene, this is a template to make new scenes.
As it is it works, but there's no environment and some buttons need configuration on your part. What you can do with this depends on your experience with scene making/editing, but if you know how to make a button with a trigger you can use this...

Read more about this resource...

One thing i forgot in writing my review. As claimed migrating this to your own favorite environment is indeed easy, much more so than moving sub scenes.

However, with some environments you'll need to freeze the characters before applying the environment,. Take them out of the wall and them unfreeze them again. Obvious probably but it took me some time back in the days.

Hi, Harry15,
When setting a new environment, a CUA for example, I usually add the atom, uncheck collision, and only after load the the CUA. In most environments I don't even bother turning collision back on because the hidden surface takes care of that.
It's a good point that I should say, I'll add in the description, thanks for the tip.

About the explosions when going to another position, changing positions should only be done when there's no animation running anymore. They're over when the "keep going" button shows up.
As this is a template I chose not to hide those buttons and others in the vicinity. This would make it very annoying when you're expanding the template and testing things, so I keept it as simple as possible.
Was this what happened to you? You were in the middle of some sex action and you pressed the button for another position? That would surely break it.
The reason for not having transitions is that they would be difficult to make and would need a huge amount of reseting involved, and my goal is to keep this template reasonably accessible and easy to adapt to other ways.
Once again, it's good to say that in the description, will add it now.

There's all kinds of details and tips on how to expand the template, I'll be adding some soon hopefully, altough the description is already quite long. Anything else that you found problematic?

P.S. I think that I'll make a new update tomorrow with the sex action buttons turning off and then on at the end, to avoid people pressing on them. Probably better this way.

Last edited:
Interesting, I need to try some things you mention here in that template to comment further. some things for now:
- with a cua you would indeed have no problems, just uncheck collision on cua before choosing your environment. then go from there. I actually ran into problems with the old style room, that just loads and then swallows up your characters. I don't know if you can prepare an environment like you can with a cua, but freezing your characters before loading works well here.

- I have never seen that keep going button because i am way to impatient to watch anything to the end, good as things may be :). This would indeed explain the problems i had because i tried to switch midstream so to say. But switching midstream with "apply on transition" works fine on my own test (which was a fairly simple one) but from what i tried also on your template. Need to test that further.

- General remark, this is not easy stuff. And imo it's not for the lazy ones. I am a good programmer in real life but it took me a while to understand what you're doing here. What you do here with logi bricks and the overlays + random speech is some real programming. Once you get the hang of how the plugins work the conditional logic is fairly easy to follow but you need a good grasp of the working of logi brick, jay's random acts, overlays and then some to follow what's going on here.

- As an example, when i looked at it for the first time, i thought, "why call navigationSS" can just do the actions on the button. Only when i tried to configure my next button i realized that NavigationSS is animation independent and that using it would save me a lot of time. Easy for a programmer but maybe not so obvious for someone not used to programming.

Doesn't mean i would change it. Best way to deal with this is just take out bits and pieces and try it for yourself in maybe a simpler environment. Once you understand what's happening you can either use the whole of it ( i probably will with some buttons i don't find interesting left out) or use the ideas for your own scenes.

Thanks for the feedback, Harry15, it is super useful to get a different pair of ways looking at it.
Yeah, all of this information gets tricky as it will make the description get bigger and bigger. I definitely want to add more information about everything in it, and after your comment yesterday I decided it's a good idea to share an example of a expanded template close to a finished scene for comparison, and likely a PDF with more in-depth parts of the structure, relays, triggers, etc.
Plenty of work to do 😅

I had seen MacGrubers' Logicbricks before in other scenes but never really understood what they did and the benefits. I don't have a programming background, didn't even even know what a relay was, but holly shit, what a revelation they were when I started using them. It made life so much easier instead of making a million triggers everywhere, and allowed me to do things I couldn't before.

Thanks again for the reviewing, I'll be working on it today if I get a chance,

atani updated Bed animation template with a new update entry:

Small updates, a example scene created from the template, and soon a in-depth guide

There's now 2 VARs available to download.
One is the updated template with the following changes:
  • Sex actions hidden/shown when animation starts or ends; This is to avoid people pressing a different animation button while another is running, which will break it. If you don't want this to happen then the triggers are in NavigationSS "load animation" delay plugin, just uncheck "active trigger".
  • Trigger to change the female scale to 0.96, which is the original model's scale, during...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Think it all looks really good now. Maybe make a stop animation button to stop an animation immediately, to end now you need the cum button and that takes some time. Also give the guy some hair if only as an advertisement for the template :) Your animations, especially the missionary one are very good btw.

The example shows how easy it is to add environments, for me it's not the template in itself that is so useful but the way of thinking it expresses.

Think it all looks really good now.
Your animations, especially the missionary one are very good btw.
Cheers, Harry15
My favourite is missionary, that's why I placed more effort there.
Cowgirl as it is is a bit shit, but it's such a pain because of collisions. I could try having squatting instead of kneeling, but I was trying to get it nice and close. Still a lot to learn and test.

Maybe make a stop animation button to stop an animation immediately, to end now you need the cum button and that takes some time.
The reason there's no stop button is to keep the template a lot simpler. If there was a stop button then it would not only be to stop the animations, reseting all the buttons, randomisations, speeds, and others affecting that moment of the animation, and if there is a important trigger that VAM would skip, because it does sometimes, it would mess things up unpredictably. The cost of this feature would be possibly too high for someone not so familiar with how the scene all comes together, and if adapting the template to big changes it would also have to be adapted into the "stop" mechanisms.

for me it's not the template in itself that is so useful but the way of thinking it expresses
That is also what I offer with the template, reuse. There's instructions, atoms and triggers are named nicely and organised, more important than the animations themselves (I hope). Of course this comes with a huge warning, I may be doing things in a unusal or not so efficient manner, but so far it's working. Oh man, having only realised recently how to use some of MacGruber's logicbricks saved me so much time and prevented such a mess with buttons; they look strange to those new to the concepts, but so darn useful.
Because it's using the latest Timeline version, wonderful plugin that is, which introduces Segments, you can now add mini-scenes within the scene. I don't have examples with this template, but I do it on a scene created with the other template, "A Passing Grade", where there's different intros completely separate from the sex actions. If you follow the link in my profile there's more examples that I cannot share in the Hub, if you're interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom