• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Atom Mover

Plugins Atom Mover

Voithe

Reactions
Voithe submitted a new resource:

Atom Mover - Move and rotate atoms around, in many different ways.

This plugin aim to move and rotate atoms in many different ways. It's base on wgsoup's "Move Control 1.0" plugin and I have his autorization to do whatever I want with it (even if I think I don't need it since I rewrited almost every line).

DISCLAIMER: This is my very first experience in Unity \ C# scripting and it's still a WORK IN PROGRESS. Expect BUGS. A LOT of them. But please report and\or ask anything you want and leave some reactions, reviews, general feedbacks if you like it. This...

Read more about this resource...

Voithe updated Atom Mover with a new update entry:

HUB release 3 - Plugin version 1.00

- Removed scene dependencies.
- Framerate indipendent continuous translation and rotation (should be there from the beginning 😅).
- Added reset rotations button. With absolute rotations I was trying to do something senseless. If you want to set an absolute rotation, just reset rotations an set the rotations you want (Qaternion demon tried to confuse me but... after a long fight... I win! 💪).
- Code optimization.

The plugin now have all the features I planned so I will call it "Version 1.0"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

More control...

Almost done on adding customizable actions on translation limits reached.

I'm also thinking about adding to rotations the same options of translations (per axis local\global settings, triggers and limits) but this will surely broke backward compatibility so... some kind of feedback on this will be appreciated...

HUB release 4 - Plugin version 1.10 - Translation limits triggers

- Added translation limits triggers. Now you can configure actions that are executed when a translation limit is reached. It only works if the Limit Translation option of the axis that have configured actions is enabled.
- Translation limits UI elements rearrangement.

Note: Translation limits buttons become green if there are configured actions.

Can you show a video for example? How is this plugin different from the fact that we can rotate and move an object without a plugin? It’s not very clear from the screenshot what the plugin does so convenient or beautiful. Simply, we can move things the way we want without a plugin.

How is this plugin different from the fact that we can rotate and move an object without a plugin?
It is different in the way that with my plugin you can move atoms in reaction to scene triggers. Using UISlider, Buttons or any other trigger. You can even setup things to move an atom like a simple cleaning robot:

Move forward => collisions => rotate 90° right => move forward => repeat.

And this is just an example. Many more things can be done.

However you'r right. Plugin's description could be better and I can also build a better presentation scene... so... thanks for you feedback... ;)

It is different in the way that with my plugin you can move atoms in reaction to scene triggers. Using UISlider, Buttons or any other trigger. You can even setup things to move an atom like a simple cleaning robot:

Move forward => collisions => rotate 90° right => move forward => repeat.

And this is just an example. Many more things can be done.

However you'r right. Plugin's description could be better and I can also build a better presentation scene... so... thanks for you feedback... ;)
To be honest, I did not understand anything from what was said. Really, it is easier to show on the video. So to say, a living example, not in words. I may need this plugin, but I can’t tell if I want it or not.

Hey. Just want to say your efforts and work are appreciated! :) Thanks for sharing.

Also, have you considered adding Forces to your plugin? Or maybe another plugin to do that?

Unity has a variety of Force options you could include, and you could also perhaps do Explosive Force.

Keep up the good work!

Hey. Just want to say your efforts and work are appreciated! :) Thanks for sharing.

Also, have you considered adding Forces to your plugin? Or maybe another plugin to do that?

Unity has a variety of Force options you could include, and you could also perhaps do Explosive Force.

Keep up the good work!

Hey! Thanks for your post! When you don't profit from your work, receiving feedback that your work is appreciated is the most powerful push to continue releasing updates and improvements! ;)

And yes... I was already thinking about implementing forces somehow. It may be cool to use forces to move and rotate atoms but I don't know if this can fit in the actual plugin or could be better to release a new one. However I need to learn how forces works and I don't know if this will be my next step so... no promises at all but, I like the idea a lot!

Back
Top Bottom