Positioner - Main camera and Atom Positioner Plugin

Plugins Positioner - Main camera and Atom Positioner Plugin

gardanzero

Reactions
gardanzero submitted a new resource:

Positioner - Camera Positioner Plugin - Plugin to save and load camera positions

Hey, I made a thing.

The idea of this plugin is that you can move your monitor camera to focus on something you like and save those coordinates. Later on you can set your camera back to the saved coordinates.

I'm using this myself together wtih VAMStory, so that the monitor camera can follow people around and it gives me control over the shots I'd like to show alongside the text that is displayed by VAMStory. But you can use it with any other plugins from which you can call actions.

The...

Read more about this resource...

Straight up this goes on the list of essential plugins for me. Thank you for this cool little tool

May I ask for a feature that I think is important. Please add a trigger so we can cycle the cameras with any trigger. Could even add a random cycle. Could you add a cycling feature?

nice plugin, but we need a way to delete cmaeras too if misplaced. cycle option would be cool too indeed.

one small suggestion, let the user bind two master keys , one for saving and another for loading , and then press a number to save\load that camera coordinate.(you could set the loading to not require a key at all).
that way you don't even need to name them.

gardanzero updated Positioner - Camera Positioner Plugin with a new update entry:

Random, Next and Next (loop) actions

I added 3 actions:
  • Picks a random camera and set the monitor coordinates to that camera
  • Next - Looks at your current select from the list and set the monitor coordinates to the next camera in the list (if there is one)
  • Next loop - Same as next, but starts again at the first camera in the list when there are no more cameras

Read the rest of this update entry...

nice, can you add a delete button and a way to reorder the cameras, or maybe a playlist system in wich we select wich cameras we want to use?
Love this plugin, previously was using emty atom and spawn plugin, this solution is way easier

Oh nevermind, I just saw that you allready added the button. I still think th playlist idea is cool tho :)

* Package name error - version 2 package is named "Gardan.Positioner.2_01.var" <- violates .var naming conventions.
* Does this also work for the Camera-atom, or only for the player's POV?

nice, can you add a delete button and a way to reorder the cameras, or maybe a playlist system in wich we select wich cameras we want to use?
Love this plugin, previously was using emty atom and spawn plugin, this solution is way easier

Thanks for the feedback.

The delete button doesn't work yet, but its the next thing I will implement.

Reordering maybe.

Playlist probably not anytime soon. Sounds complicated and I think other plugins could do that (e.g. VAMStory or Sequencemachine from MacGruber).

* Package name error - version 2 package is named "Gardan.Positioner.2_01.var" <- violates .var naming conventions.
* Does this also work for the Camera-atom, or only for the player's POV?

Damn. Gonna fix that tonight. Thanks for mentioning this. You can of course rename the file manually after download.

It doesn't work for the camera atom. It will always read the coordinates of the monitor (Players POV). I'm also not sure what it does in VR.

Damn. Gonna fix that tonight. Thanks for mentioning this. You can of course rename the file manually after download.

Shit happens. Thanks for the great plugin!

It doesn't work for the camera atom. It will always read the coordinates of the monitor (Players POV). I'm also not sure what it does in VR.

Shame ... if it also worked for the camera plugin (or cam assets), it would greatly simply creating custom camrides.

Shit happens. Thanks for the great plugin!

Shame ... if it also worked for the camera plugin (or cam assets), it would greatly simply creating custom camrides.
It wasn't the use case I was trying to solve. In my understanding custom camrides are done with timeline plugin, right?

It wasn't the use case I was trying to solve. In my understanding custom camrides are done with timeline plugin, right?

Yeah, if you want smooth transitions. It's a bit tedious, IMO, but maybe that's just my lack of Timeline-Fu

gardanzero updated Positioner - Camera Positioner Plugin with a new update entry:

Grouping Cameras

• You can now delete cameras
  • You can now group cameras into groups and you can delete groups (this will delete all contained cameras)
  • The actions were updated to work with groups
  • Should be save game compatible with saves from previous versions of the plugin (I did quite some testing on this)
Below you can see the changes to the UI.

Main plugin UI:
View attachment 263335

Actions:
View attachment 263336

A lot of work and testing has gone into this last update. I...

Great plugin idea, way better than spamming the scene with hard to align SpawnPoint atoms. But a couple bugs & suggestions:

- I need an "Update camera' button. Currently I can only delete and add a new one, which is tedious.
- Camera name input to rename it would also be nice.
- The "Set camera" action does nothing when called multiple times in a row. For example, I set to camera 1, move camera with cursor a bit, call the action again, and it does nothing.

Great plugin idea, way better than spamming the scene with hard to align SpawnPoint atoms. But a couple bugs & suggestions:

- I need an "Update camera' button. Currently I can only delete and add a new one, which is tedious.
- Camera name input to rename it would also be nice.
- The "Set camera" action does nothing when called multiple times in a row. For example, I set to camera 1, move camera with cursor a bit, call the action again, and it does nothing.

Thank you for the feedback and the bug report.
  • There is a workaround. You can manually set the camera title to an existing one, then click add. It will overwrite the coordinates of the camera in your list.
  • I'm thinking about QOL features like updating, renaming, moving within the list. Right now I prioritize the main features.
  • I have noticed this too when testing actions. For some reason I need to click twice or have a delay between clicks. I'm not sure yet why this happens. Could be a bug in my code or the game preventing too many action calls within a given time. I can look into it, but can't promise results. I have only seen this in Testing actions though, never when "playing" a recorded sequence.

Atomic update!

The plugin now works with any Atom. I think this unlocks a lot of potential uses for this plugin.
  • This means you can add the plugin to, say a person Atom or the window camera Atom, move that Atom somewhere, save the position and later recall that position - which then moves the Atom to where it was.
  • There is a checkbox called "Target containing Atom?", which means that the buttons and actions will not target the main monitor camera, but instead the Atom that...

Now it also works for any other Atom.

gardanzero updated Positioner - Main camera and Atom Positioner Plugin with a new update entry:

QOL updates

• Made UI clearer in communicating whether you are targeting the main Camera or the Atom containing the plugin to read / set its position
  • Made Add / Delete buttons colorful and resized them
  • Added buttons to move Positions up or down in the list
  • Added a rename button for Positions

View attachment 265632

As always, happy to get any feedback or suggestions. Also please let me know if you've uploaded scenes, where you've used the plugin. (y)

Why not position name input field above "Position ID" dropdown? And rename as user types in. That way you don't need the unintuitive "Next position name" block, and rename button will also be unnecessary.

"Add" button can add a new position with placeholder id something like Position#N.

Also, is it possible to use dropdown that has those left/right arrows? I find those faster for selecting than using the dropdown or dragging.

Back
Top Bottom