Question Any way to remove lag between body movment and attached atoms?

kollo

Reactions
Specifically, I try to attach the dildo prop to a female hip, to simulate a strap-on, and the dildo always lags behind the body movement so it's out of sync and often ends up clipping into the person's mesh. I thought I remembered seeing a plugin that fixes this, but I can't find it. Or maybe there's a combination of collision settings - I have no idea how to make use of the spring/damper and other sliders, they never seem to have any effect.

Hi, it is exactly this: all those spring/damper sliders!
Unfortunately this is it's own kind of rocket-science and you have to try around with them a bit for the best values.
Try to set the attachment methode to "physics" and/or check the physics settings at the assets options, if you can see no effects. Yes, there are some few plugins around for this, but they are doing exactly this... setting the different physics options.
Unfortunately I am not at my PC atm, so I can't check the "best" settings for you. Maybe someone else will be so nice to share his favorite values.
If you can't wait, there are AFAIR some older threads about this.

Happy new year!

Upvote 0
OK, I had a look at VaM for myself, because I could not write down everything from memory.
It depends a bit on how you like to have the connection between CUA and pperson.
Do you want a link with physics, or do you like it to be completely rigid.

From the start:
-Click on the CUA you want to attach.
-Link it to a joint/point at the person. Don't use the "control" points (Like "Head" instead of "Head Control").
-It should automatically establish a "Parent Link"
-Now go to the physics tab (still at the menu of the CUA).
-If you check the "Phsics" checkbox, you can do like I said above and change the physics settings.
-Turn down all the "Dampher" and turn up (high!!) all "Position Link", "Position Rotation", "Link Forces", aso.
-If you don't like a physics connection, un-check the "physics" checkbox.
-The CUA should now have a rigid link with no physics-wobbeling.

Upvote 0
Advice by @TToby is usually good, but in this case a bit missleading. :) Physics is only part of the trouble, the real problem is that there is a one-frame delay, which is the lag you percieve, esspecially at low FPS. But even at 90fps its still visible for fast movements. That's why you need a plugin.

You need to do three things:
  1. Use a ParentHoldLink plugin on your CUA. Either the one linked by HolySchmidt above or my slightly improved version of the same that comes with my Essentials plugin collection. Follow the instructions of whichever plugin you use. (Note that v13 is currently in EarlyAccess, but the older v11 is perfectly fine if you just care about ParentHoldLink, get it here for free)
  2. As TToby mentioned, make sure to use the actual joint, not its "control". So in your case use "hip", not "hipControl".
  3. (If you still got lag, make sure Physics is disabled for the CUA.)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom