Advanced Pathfinding System & Joystick control & Advanced scene interaction (PlayerEdition) Beta

Plugins Advanced Pathfinding System & Joystick control & Advanced scene interaction (PlayerEdition) Beta

You can specify a custom speed.But I want to make it clear that if your animation has its own displacement, the default form can ensure that the speed matches perfectly(You need to set the premise animation strictly according to the instructions.).

But as I said before,You can also customize the speed.Then you match it manually.Please read the instructions for details.
I see.. checked out the test scene and i see the different speeds! so currently you can't really use custom timeline animations that only exist in a Vam scene it seems, right? meaning, for the walk cycles etc.

currently i'm making a game where the player can walk, run, but also crouch and crouch walk. I'm not sure how i would add these animations dones in timeline, to this plugin

I see.. checked out the test scene and i see the different speeds! so currently you can't really use custom timeline animations that only exist in a Vam scene it seems, right? meaning, for the walk cycles etc.

currently i'm making a game where the player can walk, run, but also crouch and crouch walk. I'm not sure how i would add these animations dones in timeline, to this plugin
You should add multiple sets of custom actions at the same time.And then switch dynamically.

The custom animations here is not a timeline animation.It is an externally imported unity animation.

I still have to say that you have to read the instructions of the plug-in.The link of detailed plug-in description is explained on the plug-in page of hub.

You should add multiple sets of custom actions at the same time.And then switch dynamically.

The custom animations here is not a timeline animation.It is an externally imported unity animation.

I still have to say that you have to read the instructions of the plug-in.The link of detailed plug-in description is explained on the plug-in page of hub.
Yeah read the instructions and shows that you have to import animations into a unity skeleton which is a bit complex for someone who isn’t familiar with unity. It also doesn’t quite explain what kind of animations you can import? I wouldn’t know if I can export my timeline animations and use that? Or if it’s specific to animations from unity itself or some type of library I’m not aware of.

Secondly, it seems like the movem
ent doesn't quite have a way to choose a movement delta, for example, based on a camera orbiting the player. if I press forward the whole time, but move the camera around, it doesn't move the forward direction based on the camera facing direction.

Here's a video example. Please excuse the split panel, not sure why that's happening with the window camera in the demo scene.. But as you can see, if i move the camera, and press forward, she doesn't go "forward" based where the camera is facing. I read the instructions, and didn't see any options to choose a reference for movement direction

Yeah read the instructions and shows that you have to import animations into a unity skeleton which is a bit complex for someone who isn’t familiar with unity. It also doesn’t quite explain what kind of animations you can import? I wouldn’t know if I can export my timeline animations and use that? Or if it’s specific to animations from unity itself or some type of library I’m not aware of.
All animations compatible with unity humanoid skeleton can be used, but you need to know something about unity animation.In addition, I also provided related resource files and videos.

Secondly, it seems like the movem
ent doesn't quite have a way to choose a movement delta, for example, based on a camera orbiting the player. if I press forward the whole time, but move the camera around, it doesn't move the forward direction based on the camera facing direction.

Here's a video example. Please excuse the split panel, not sure why that's happening with the window camera in the demo scene.. But as you can see, if i move the camera, and press forward, she doesn't go "forward" based where the camera is facing. I read the instructions, and didn't see any options to choose a reference for movement direction
View attachment 408624
Based on the orientation of the main camera of the game(So far).Not a window camera,This can also be seen from the demonstration video。More options may be added in the future.

All animations compatible with unity humanoid skeleton can be used, but you need to know something about unity animation.In addition, I also provided related resource files and videos.
Right. It would be great if this was more user friendly, and can play animations from timeline, as not everyone who wants to purchase this plugin is familiar with unity, like myself, and are more strictly familiar with VaM. Its not really worth spending time learning unity just for one case use, when plugins like VaM timeline exist.

I can probably work around this by parenting my actual person to another person Atom with the character invisible, so that my actual person I
Based on the orientation of the main camera of the game(So far).Not a window camera,This can also be seen from the demonstration video。More options may be added in the future.
i think being able to use the window cam is a must have, as with the only camera plugin (the one im using in the video,) is only works with the window camera to get a third person camera. It’s definitely a game changer

BUG TESTING / PLAY TESTING:

Having an odd issue with the newest version. Here's how I produce the issue.

VERSION: AdvancedPathfindingSystem.8.var

- Place NavmeshBuilder Plugin in "WoodPanel".
- Place PersonController in a Person.
- Place an object name "Cube".
- Type Cube as a target and click "Move to target atom".
- WORKS

- Move cube and Click "Move to target atom" .
- FAILS

- Type "None" as a target and click "Move to target atom" so it refreshes the target.
- WORKS

- Move cube and Click "Move to target atom" again
- FAILS again

- Click "Is Enable Track" to Enable Tracking.
- WORKS

- Disable "Is Enable Track" to disable tracking.
- Click "Move to target atom".
- FAILS

- All other versions under 8 work normally.

SUMMARY / TLDR : In version 8 only for some reason its not resetting the target atoms location to move to, until you change the name, then change it back, Although "Enable tracking" works perfect , The "Move to target atom" only works one time, and then never updates if the object moves. This problem persists even after closing and re-opening VAM.

BUG TESTING / PLAY TESTING:

Having an odd issue with the newest version. Here's how I produce the issue.

VERSION: AdvancedPathfindingSystem.8.var

- Place NavmeshBuilder Plugin in "WoodPanel".
- Place PersonController in a Person.
- Place an object name "Cube".
- WORKS

- Move cube and Click "Move to target atom" .
- FAILS

- Type "None" as a target and click "Move to target atom" so it refreshes the target.
- WORKS

- Move cube and Click "Move to target atom" again
- FAILS again

- Click "Is Enable Track" to Enable Tracking.
- WORKS

- Disable "Is Enable Track" to disable tracking.
- Click "Move to target atom".
- FAILS

- All other versions under 8 work normally.

SUMMARY / TLDR : In version 8 only for some reason its not resetting the target atoms location to move to, until you change the name, then change it back, Although "Enable tracking" works perfect , The "Move to target atom" only works one time, and then never updates if the object moves. This problem persists even after closing and re-opening VAM.

View attachment 409705
Thank you for your feedback, and I will conduct corresponding investigation.

Back
Top Bottom