• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Add Passenger Plugin with Trigger or Lock Plugin Parameter without breaking Timeline on MergeLoads?

WulfMahn

Reactions
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to add Passenger to a Person using a Trigger. My overall aim is to add a Passenger/POV button to scenes that I downloaded that are MergeLoaded and use the Timeline plugin (i.e. I can't lock the plugin parameter as this breaks the Timeline for different scenes). I know I can Edit and add it manually, but I want a faster way by just clicking a UIButton or something.

Any advice or any alternative ways to add/trigger/lock Passenger or enter POV (not keen on possessing) without breaking Timeline other than manually doing it or editing each scene and saving/linking them separately?

Thank you!

@WulfMahn you can use Keybindings, I use fuzzy find to add timeline and other plugins quickly (using the "AddPlugin" extension bundled with Keybindings; you can also bind a shortcut). In the next version of Passenger + Improved PoV (Embody) there will also be a keybinding to activate it, so it will be two keystrokes to add it to a person.

Upvote 0
Thanks Acid Bubbles! Your work in this community is amazing! I'll try it. Does Keybindings work with VR controllers e.g. Oculus Quest 2 controllers? Also, Keybindings won't stay between mergeload scenes will it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No it won't work with Oculus controllers, because they are mapped to something already and I cannot currently overwrite those mappings easily (there could be some workarounds but I didn't do any). You can map a gamepad though.

Keybindings is a global plugin, so it should always be available, and your shortcuts should work in all scenes, except scene-specific custom mappings.

Upvote 0
Sorry to be hassling, but I put Keybindings as a Session Plugin, but when I move between scenes, the Person Plugins removes Passenger. If I add Passenger back on (using keybindings), it can move plugin# therefore killing the custom item keybinding. Is there a way for actions to share a keybinding or group actions with a keybinding e.g. either have all plugin#'s to Activate Passenger, or bundle adding Passenger plugin to person and activate it?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom