Question ZFGamebrowser. Ive never seen this and its using a lot of resources on my PC.

createdjustfordis

Reactions
This may be me just being super paranoid but I recently downloading something from the in game Hub and noticed a huge FPS lag spike afterwards. ZFGamebrowser was using a lot of CPU and GPU and I have never seen that program running on my PC while playing VAM. Anybody have any insight? Restarting VAM seemed to make it go away but Im curios if anybody else knows.

Thanks.

ZFBrowser is embedded chromium based browser used for all web searching inside VaM.

It loads when web atoms are used (example WebPanel or DreamHomeWebTV),
also when you use online browse or when you look at resources on hub browse.

You can disable all web browsers on security tab.
Hub downloading still works (for hub-hosted vars) if web browsers are disabled,
but you can't see resource pages (overview, updates, etc...) or download externally hosted vars.

Upvote 0
What I see is that the zfbrowser is using CPU while browsing the hub, but once I leave the hub and open a scene, it settles down. It's still running, using some system memory, but the CPU drops to 0 once a scene is opened.

Upvote 0
ZFBrowser is embedded chromium based browser used for all web searching inside VaM.

It loads when web atoms are used (example WebPanel or DreamHomeWebTV),
also when you use online browse or when you look at resources on hub browse.

You can disable all web browsers on security tab.
Hub downloading still works (for hub-hosted vars) if web browsers are disabled,
but you can't see resource pages (overview, updates, etc...) or download externally hosted vars.
Okay thank you.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom