Answered Missing a lot of scenes and clothing

SashaSasasha

Reactions
EDIT: Ok so after reinstalling couple of times and while copying AddonPackages-, Custom- and scene folders
to the fresh install everything seems to work fine now.

I had up until yesterday about total of 220 scenes and many pages of chothes, but today today the scene loader only shows half of what I had, same with clothing. If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
This option is relatively new in VaM: maybe you want to take a look if you have reached a certain numbers of scenes, so VaM has automatically created a second page in the screen loader. You maybe want to take a look at the mid-top of the loader screen if there is an option to change to the second page. That gave me a litte shock, too, when it first happened to me.

Upvote 0
@TToby
Is there a maximum of VAR Files in the AddonPackages Folder?
I have currently around 2800 VAR Files ( Tons of CLothings / Hair Plugins and VAR Scenes ) in my AddonPackages and around 500 in /scenes also ( VAC Files).

I experience that too from time to time, that Scenes are missing for this and that moment or a behavior that if i
now save a scene it only shows up after i made a Hard reset.

I really wonder how someone can sort things not using the AP Folder better way in creating Artists Subfolders.
It also takes a long time to load VAM now ( around 1 minute ) even on a SSD and it crashes often too reading Scenes in the AP Folder mostly in VR.

Sure there is a Arrow which guides to Page 2, 3 etc but something seems to mess up the Content Indexing that partly scenes are missing in the Overview. As if VAM would skip them for the Moment.
My VAM gets bigger and bigger.
Currently it is 380GB ( Incl the Extracted Cache ) and how will that END ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Currently doing a fresh install to see if it works

This option is relatively new in VaM: maybe you want to take a look if you have reached a certain numbers of scenes, so VaM has automatically created a second page in the screen loader. You maybe want to take a look at the mid-top of the loader screen if there is an option to change to the second page. That gave me a litte shock, too, when it first happened to me.
Unfortunately that wasn't it, but thanks for the tip. And I want to specify bit more that in the loader there is only about 137 scenes from the previous ~220 and most of my clothing and apparently hair too is missing. Also after checking my AP folder, I don't seem to be missing any files.

@TToby
Is there a maximum of VAR Files in the AddonPackages Folder?
I have currently around 2800 VAR Files ( Tons of CLothings / Hair Plugins and VAR Scenes ) in my AddonPackages and around 500 in /scenes also ( VAC Files).

I experience that too from time to time, that Scenes are missing for this and that moment or a behavior that if i
now save a scene it only shows up after i made a Hard reset.

I really wonder how someone can sort things not using the AP Folder better way in creating Artists Subfolders.
It also takes a loing time to load VAM now even on a SSD and it crashes often too reading Scenes in the AP Folder mostly in VR.

Sure there is a Arrow which guides to Page 2, 3 etc but something seems to mess up the Content Indexing that perly scenes are missing.
My VAM gets bigger and bigger.
Currently it is 380GB ( Incl the Extracted Cache ) and how will that END ;)
Not sure if there is. I have 580 VAR files myself

Upvote 0
@SashaSasasha I am out of ideas, too, If the scenes are in the folder on your drive, but not appearing in VaM. I was about to suggest to clear yor cash, but you even reinstalled VaR completely! ... If you will found no answer after trying some more (maybe it is something very simple with an "how could it be that I don't have seen that"-moment), you may ask MeshedVR. He is a very nice guy and will surely answer, if someone is not too nasty.

@Lione I really don't know if there is a limit for files... but everytime in the past when I told MeshedVR how many files I had, he was somewhat horrified ;-) Last time I told him, he made that VaM version with the auto created pages in the file explorer (because the menu was getting extremely slow and stuttering in VR) ;-) . It should be OK to have much files, because it will surely happen to many users in the future, but I won't bet on that in the current old version. It is AFAIK definitely somewhat of a performance issue to have too many morphs and var files.
...and you maybe seems to have even much more files than me (I am somewhat of an "collect-all-and-keep-it-guy"). I am on "only" 588 var files, 4000 morphs and 150 GB stuff and textures. LOL
I have started to shrink down the textures of many items and I am starting to get picky about which stuff I will download.
But it is still too much stuff on my poor SSD. Time for a spring cleaning.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom