XPS collection - Animals & Monsters

Assets XPS collection - Animals & Monsters

ZRSX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
zrsx
ZRSX submitted a new resource:

XPS collection - Animals & Monsters - 2 collections of XPS files that can be imported into VAM & posed, thanks to XPSLoader plugin

Important note: those are not assets, but XPS files that can be loaded using a plugin. Please read the "How to use" section.

What is this?
Ever wished to add creatures into your scenes? That you can pose? In great numbers without overloading your computer? Oooh, you'll be happy, then.

Those are 2 collections of XPS files that can be imported into VAM & posed, thanks...

Read more about this resource...

Which method have you found best for posing the monsters/animals? Trying the "full body" seemed to give me issues since it wouldn't recognize certain parts, but some wouldn't let me add more than one CCD or Fabrik. Thanks for making these available, definitely a lot of possibilities!

some wouldn't let me add more than one CCD or Fabrik
I'm understanding you're using IK plugin. Tbh I haven't even tried it with those XPS files: I still haven't used them anywhere else than the included demo scene. IK plugin takes a toll on performances and I had to pose a lot of assets for this scene!

For posing, I use the XPSLoader plugin itself: just playing with the bone rotations. See the "How to pose & change clothing" section of the resource description for more details.

I'm understanding you're using IK plugin. Tbh I haven't even tried it with those XPS files: I still haven't used them anywhere else than the included demo scene. IK plugin takes a toll on performances and I had to pose a lot of assets for this scene!

For posing, I use the XPSLoader plugin itself: just playing with the bone rotations. See the "How to pose & change clothing" section of the resource description for more details.
Hey thanks, I'll check that!

"Models can be animated using triggers (edited bones are trigger-able), but the animations won't work the next time you load your scene" Has anyone solved this problem? Everything works fine for me, but until the first reboot.

(used a translator)
great work,Very nice plugins and mods, this expands vam more possibilities。
I try to use the timeline to animate the dog. For example, I want to control the nose of the dog. There are at least 6 parameters in the drop-down menu of the nose in the xps plug-in, but the nose can only be controlled his z-axis position by default in the timeline.
is there a problem with my operation? Or is the compatibility between the timeline plug-in and the xps plug-in still to be improved?

is there a problem with my operation? Or is the compatibility between the timeline plug-in and the xps plug-in still to be improved?
The bone you wish to use in Timeline should be among the "Edited Bones". For that, you simply need to select the bone.
1669833105505.png

Then it should be available within Timeline. I can see them all (test made with the Labrador, with Timeline plugin on the same atom as XPSLoader):
1669833012130.png

Look for xRot_BoneName, yRot_BoneName & zRot_BoneName to control the rotation on x, y and z axis.

But be aware that this will only work until you reload your scene. There is currently an issue with XPSLoader which prevents the XPS bone animations to work after reloading a scene.
If you wanna make a quick animation for fun or for a small video, this is okay. If you want to save your animation in a scene, I'm afraid you have to forget it for now :(

Sorry @RRRapa there is still no fix yet. Kind reminder @imakeboobies, if you could find some time to have a look :)

Thank you for your patience. Even if it can't be saved, it's already great. It's enough for me to do some tricks,hahaha。

If it can be saved one day, I believe I can see it play its potential in various scenes.

Back
Top Bottom