Answered WindowCamera activation from trigger?

vamurai

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
vamurai
Hey everyone! I am tinkering with a new idea for another intimate scene that would use automated camera movement (or the closest to faking it as I can get!) by plopping the Timeline plugin into the WindowCamera atom and moving it around in sync with the character animations. It all works great so far (see my testing below!) but I'm unable to find a way to trigger switching into what I've seen called "Monitor Mode" ('M' keyboard shortcut key.) I'd like for the viewer to hit a UI button to start the scene, and for it to switch them to Monitor Mode automatically. Is that possible? I've seen a bit of automation here with AcidBubbles' Director, and while awesome, it's missing a few key features that I'm looking for.

Any hints or tips here? Please and thank you!

You will need to code a little plugin to access that:
C#:
// toggle between regular and windowCamera ("press M")
SuperController.singleton.ToggleMainMonitor();

// if you need to check whether regular or window cam is active use this, it TRUE if regular is active
SuperController.singleton.MonitorRig.gameObject.activeSelf

Note that your scene will only make sense in Desktop Mode. You might have to make that clear to your players somehow.

Upvote 0
You will need to code a little plugin to access that:
C#:
// toggle between regular and windowCamera ("press M")
SuperController.singleton.ToggleMainMonitor();

// if you need to check whether regular or window cam is active use this, it TRUE if regular is active
SuperController.singleton.MonitorRig.gameObject.activeSelf

Note that your scene will only make sense in Desktop Mode. You might have to make that clear to your players somehow.
Hmmm. Should I do it differently then? Rather than use WindowCamera, just use a CUA and attach Passenger? That was what I tried initially, but I had trouble with the "camera" aiming the correct direction when the animation started.

Thank you for the code though, it might come in handy here!

Upvote 0
FYI, I ended up having an Empty Atom that I dubbed the "CameraAnimator atom." I put Timeline on this and moved it around. Then I used the WindowCamera Atom with Passenger instead of turning on Monitor Mode (I realize I could have used another Empty Atom, but didn't), and then I Parent Linked that to the CameraAnimator atom. So I use Timeline to animate the movement of the "Camera" that has Passenger. It works really well for rotating around a fixed point. I also trigger lighting effects and other things from that instance of Timeline.

Thanks Macgruber for steering me away from using the Monitor, but supplying the code anyway. I do everything in Desktop, but I wouldn't want to break things for VR players.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom