• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Player activated trigger?

Kalandor

Reactions
Twitter
Monster1975
Patreon
Monster1975
Hi all! Has someone already make a custom trigger activating by Player or vr hands? Like gaze or kiss motion for example. And i can add a custom discrete action, start timeline animation or change pose etc? Thanks for answers!

Solution
To build yourself a "Look trigger" plugin, you could look into how VirtualLock checks where the player is looking at. There you can place "FocusArea" plugins to define capsules (with radius and height), potentially parented to a character, to define where the player is supposed to look at. Of course without actual eye tracking, looking is defined by what the center of the VR headset points at.
236110-fe9e70a1bd37ba293ab235a5da16d945.data

Both VirtualLock and FocusArea plugins are part of "Connect":
To build yourself a "Look trigger" plugin, you could look into how VirtualLock checks where the player is looking at. There you can place "FocusArea" plugins to define capsules (with radius and height), potentially parented to a character, to define where the player is supposed to look at. Of course without actual eye tracking, looking is defined by what the center of the VR headset points at.

Upvote 0
Solution

Thank you! I will try out what ca i do with it, but i think you missundertand me because my bad english capability. Im not want to add a male caracter into scene,and posessing. Just searching for something, what activating by me in vr. For example i use the game always in vr mode and use many pugins included yours, like idle poser ( this way let me thanks for it, its great )but if i want to activate it ( change slate if i closing in vr for examle )with my google or hand, whitch trigger need i use? I try the built in collision trigger and many what i finding can, but dsnt found my google or vr hands as an option. only just cam-cam trigges and another atoms in scene. :( Sorry if my question was stupid, im relatively new in this game.

Upvote 0
Sorry if my question was stupid, im relatively new in this game.
No question is stupid. But if you are new to VaM, my suggestion of writing a custom "Look trigger" plugin is probably not helpful. Although, if you figured out IdlePoser, you can't be that new ;)

Your question is indeed difficult to understand. Using an AI to translate from your native language might help? Try https://translate.google.com/
When asking questions, explain what you are trying to achieve, while also providing some broader context, e.g. what your scene looks like. That way we can help you much better.

Just searching for something, what activating by me in vr.
If the question is just about some way to trigger anything, there are several ways:
  1. Most scenes use the UIButton atom. You probably have seen it.
  2. CollisionTriggers can also be used. But they don't work with VR hands directly. You need to possess a character or at least some object, something that has a collider. E.g. you could add some small Sphere atoms to your scene and possess those with your left and right hand. Those would then be capable of causing a CollisionTrigger to fire when one of the spheres intersects.
  3. Characters have build-in CollisionTriggers in various places. E.g. nipples and mouth. You can use those, too.
  4. As indicated in the earlier answer, you could write some custom plugin. One that detects what you look at, a variant of the CollisionTrigger that works directly with VR hands, detecting gestures with your hands....or anything. But that requires some programming skills.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your answer! I think i need figure out something with spere. No way to me write plugin because im a welder. :D I hapy if a can figure out how this game works exactly. :)

Upvote 0
Just remembered......have you tried the actual "VR hands" with "Use Collision" enabled? See this tab in user preferences:

Upvote 0
Just remembered......have you tried the actual "VR hands" with "Use Collision" enabled? See this tab in user preferences:
Yes, i can push the caracter with hands without press any button. Are you familiar with plugin "kiss motion" from Spacedog ? The caracter react you if you go colse. ( when you set the target to player ) You can set the distance the reaction and what reaction you want like open mouth tonge options etc. But im seaching some advaced options like ;start timeline, set layer, change slate, start force...stop force..:)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom