Question Attach/Detach WindowCamera

HungryBobo

Reactions
I want to make 3 view positions with timeline, attaching windowcamera to null object. But position on timeline will not work, if that null is attached to person's body part. As I see it, I have to attach and detach between switching positions. Is it even possible? Tried IdlePoser, but couldn't figure out how to capture position, because atom's interface is different from person's Poser

It should work, Timeline records positions relative to it's parent, so if you changed the parent after recording the keyframes, the animation will break... but the parent of the parent shouldn't break anything. Can you tell me more about what's not working? Maybe a small reproduction scene?

Upvote 0
It should work, Timeline records positions relative to it's parent, so if you changed the parent after recording the keyframes, the animation will break... but the parent of the parent shouldn't break anything. Can you tell me more about what's not working? Maybe a small reproduction scene?
As you said, it should have worked. For example I managed to attach Lights to one Null's timeline rotation 360 degree loop and then attached that null to parent position null. Animation persists. But it is different for person body parts somehow. Keyframe of position in 'control' layer doesn't appear. And if I remove parent, it can be applied.
Also maybe I should have putten 3 windowCameras in the scene, but didn't find them in 'add atom' either :D

Upvote 0
Well looks like you're right, there's something going on when there's recursive physics parenting... looks like it works with parent link though, at least it does for me. I'll check why it doesn't work with physics link; I believe it's because VaM uses an external rigidbody, which is not visible to Timeline.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom