View attachment 4906

Required:
- Open Broadcaster Software
- A good GPU

Instruction :

1. Load your scene
2. Merge load scene "VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.json"
3. Place the VR180 camera
4. Press "M" then "F1" to have the VR view.
5. Recorded with OBS.

Registered with OBS :

1. Download VAM OBS VR180 SETTING.zip
2. Import the profile into OBS.
Profile> Import

DEMO :...

Read more about this resource...

I just subscribed to your Patreon the moment I saw it, I was absolutely in need of such seriously...
I'll leave a review once I've thoroughly tested it.

Pros
It's awesome to finally be able to see my favorite VR scenes on my old Gear VR setup when I don't feel like being tethered to my main bulky headset.
I found it wasn't too hard to setup and the instructions you gave were easy to understand.

Cons
It kills my old GTX 1080ti GPU with complex scenes and multiple characters.
I worked around it by editing the OBS exported video increasing the FPS speed by 2x-3x in a video editor.

The circular method of SBS while I assume allowing more FOV seems to be causing noticable distortion within the 3D space.
I don't know if it's my Gear VR application but yeah the SBS was very disorienting... I'm going to try it on my main headset tomorrow to confirm.
Maybe the IPD was bad or I did something wrong on the OBS export that caused it.

Last edited:
When I merge load the scene after loading my scene it deletes all of the timeline triggers. How do I avoid this?

Also, if you turn off global lighting, it show a blue background as the "skybox" and there is no way I can see to turn this off. Any ideas?

So far this is not working for me. It looks like it might only work for new scenes, not existing scenes.

Last edited:
When I merge load the scene after loading my scene it deletes all of the timeline triggers. How do I avoid this?

Also, if you turn off global lighting, it show a blue background as the "skybox" and there is no way I can see to turn this off. Any ideas?

So far this is not working for me. It looks like it might only work for new scenes, not existing scenes.

Try this method.

1 / Save your scene by deleting the "camera" atom
2 / Load "VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.json" first.
3 / Merge load scene "your scene that you saved without a camera."

Keep "Show Skybox" activated and lower skybox intensity to the maximum.

I think I fixed the problem trying this version.

Attachments

• VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.1.var
    474.5 KB · Views: 0
I just subscribed to your Patreon the moment I saw it, I was absolutely in need of such seriously...
I'll leave a review once I've thoroughly tested it.

Pros
It's awesome to finally be able to see my favorite VR scenes on my old Gear VR setup when I don't feel like being tethered to my main bulky headset.
I found it wasn't too hard to setup and the instructions you gave were easy to understand.

Cons
It kills my old GTX 1080ti GPU with complex scenes and multiple characters.
I worked around it by editing the OBS exported video increasing the FPS speed by 2x-3x in a video editor.

The circular method of SBS while I assume allowing more FOV seems to be causing noticable distortion within the 3D space.
I don't know if it's my Gear VR application but yeah the SBS was very disorienting... I'm going to try it on my main headset tomorrow to confirm.
Maybe the IPD was bad or I did something wrong on the OBS export that caused it.

The video is in 180 SBS "Fisheyes" format
VR video players usually have a "fisheye" option that must be enabled

Try this method.

1 / Save your scene by deleting the "camera" atom
2 / Load "VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.json" first.
3 / Merge load scene "your scene that you saved without a camera."

Keep "Show Skybox" activated and lower skybox intensity to the maximum.

Thanks for the reply. I did find some work around, but i will try your new upload. This is a revolutionary idea for VaM something that is much needed, please keep working to improve it. I'll report back.

Hello,

In your picture instructions the #4 is cut off in the picture even when I try to select the picture and enlarge it. The picture needs to be re uploaded. Thanks for all the hard work. Love the recorder.

Hey VamXFan,
It might be just me but with the new version of Vam 1.2 navigation with the mouse doesn't seem to be working anymore. You can still navigate with the keyboard shortcuts though, but it is a pain to do.

Hey VamXFan,
It might be just me but with the new version of Vam 1.2 navigation with the mouse doesn't seem to be working anymore. You can still navigate with the keyboard shortcuts though, but it is a pain to do.

To resolve this situation you must click on reset player position.
ZZylI8GB51.png

So it was just me:rolleyes:. Thanks for the quick reply. I would have never thought of that.

Hello
I want to try VR180, but I don't understand how to do it.
The version of VaM is 1.20.77.3.

Instruction :

1. Load your scene  ---- I loaded my scean...
2. Merge load scene "VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.json"
---- yes, I choose " File>Merge Load Scene" --- But The file doesn't open and the screen is black all the time. So , I try add unity asset "VR1804cam1024.assetbundle"
Then, a twin-lens camera appeared

3. Place the VR180 camera
 ---I placed the VR180 camera in front of woman.
4. Press "M" then "F1" to have the VR view.
--- I switched to desktop mode and the VaM scene was displayed on the monitor.
5. Recorded with OBS.
 --- I could not record... How do you do this?

Registered with OBS :
1. Download "VAM OBS VR180 SETTING.zip"
 ---I downloaded the file and unzipped it. ”streamEncoder.json”and "basic.ini"
2. Import the profile into OBS.
Profile> Import
--- I could not find " Profile>import " in VaM scene.. Where is it ?

The tutorial video has also been deleted and I don't know how to set it up. Please tell me how to do it.

UJVAM

@UJVAM: the profile import has to be done in OBS, not VAM.

Anyway, I also never get this to work too, I am on latest VAM version 1.20.77.3
When merge loading VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.json, the scene turns black and nothing happens.
When loading the scene directly, it hangs on "load scene" forever.
Importing the VR asset manually just shows me the twin lens camera, but I cant do anything with it.

I am clueless ;)

@UJVAM: the profile import has to be done in OBS, not VAM.

Anyway, I also never get this to work too, I am on latest VAM version 1.20.77.3
When merge loading VamXFan.4CAMVR-ASSET-FOR-MERGE-V1.json, the scene turns black and nothing happens.
When loading the scene directly, it hangs on "load scene" forever.
Importing the VR asset manually just shows me the twin lens camera, but I cant do anything with it.

I am clueless ;)
Thank you for your comment
Does OBS mean Open Broadcaster Software?
Do I have to get OBS?
Anyway, VR180 don’t work on VAM 1.20.77.3.
I'm stuck...😩

Thank you for your comment
Does OBS mean Open Broadcaster Software?
Do I have to get OBS?
Anyway, VR180 don’t work on VAM 1.20.77.3.
I'm stuck...😩

Yes, you'll need OBS software to record in VR movie format. I recommend OBS Studio, but any other will do as well. I use OBS Studio a lot when I want to record something from VAM or any other game/application.

Yes, you'll need OBS software to record in VR movie format. I recommend OBS Studio, but any other will do as well. I use OBS Studio a lot when I want to record something from VAM or any other game/application.
I see, thank you for the very good information. I will try it..

Too bad the plugin is not working (anymore)?
If you load up an earlier version, I'm using 1.20.0.4 which you can select in the Options screen of the updater, and the plugin works fine.

I'm actually having a problem with the post recording conversion from fisheye. The Spherical Panorama program is giving an error about being unable to read the resulting file. I've tried a couple different file formats, and the profile you created, with no luck. Was there anything special you did to get it to load the videos?

If you load up an earlier version, I'm using 1.20.0.4 which you can select in the Options screen of the updater, and the plugin works fine.

I'm actually having a problem with the post recording conversion from fisheye. The Spherical Panorama program is giving an error about being unable to read the resulting file. I've tried a couple different file formats, and the profile you created, with no luck. Was there anything special you did to get it to load the videos?

As I have said, I don’t get it to work, so I never came as far as you. I also refuse to downgrade just for a single plugin ;)
Sry, can’t help you here.

As I have said, I don’t get it to work, so I never came as far as you. I also refuse to downgrade just for a single plugin ;)
Sry, can’t help you here.

Yeah, I only use it for the recording, not the creating. You can link your various asset folders between versions, so you don't have to screw with copying assets etc between versions. Just setup the links once, then you just pick your executable based on what you're doing.

Here is a How-To for Symbolic Links

I imported the OBS profile. How am I supposed to use this? It shows a wider screen, but my vam is 1920 1080...? So I have extra space in the window capture...

What's the panorama program for anyway?

I mean 180 fish eye is not that bad without using the panorama program, but even though I have my OBS set to 4000x2250, it looks like the image is 1080p, and looks blurry in VR...Is there a way to increase the resolution my OBS is seeing?

Back
Top Bottom