• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Vr Image flipped in some scenes?

virtamater

Reactions
Sometimes I get a wierd image in my headset that can only be described as my right and left lenses are flipped in a way that the image i see looks like a picture mirrored and the images flipped on either side ... Why does this do this? this example is something i just did now to illustrate the glitch. i cant screen grab in Vr.. how to fixe the scene that does this.. or is my headset just glitchy sometimes with larger scenes??

Attachments

• 20201027015156_1.jpg
    20201027015156_1.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi,
I don't know about your exact issue, but some scenes.. or better some cua environments... are not made for VR.
The creators don't have VR themselves, and therefore can not see the issues.
It is from using a wrong basic setup in Unity.
This will cause in some very strange and extremely distorted VR images.
If this is the case, please contact the creator of the cua environment, because he has the original Unity scene and maybe could make a better VR version.

Edit: To do a test if it is a faulty cua environment, you maybe could try to edit the scene and temporarily delete the environment from the Var file (using a ZIP tool), because editing the distorted scene in VR will be difficult. It most likely will read something like "XYZ.assetbundle" or "xyz.scene".
Or: If you load the original scene in desktop-mode, it should show no issues at all. You can delete the custom unity asset there and simply save a copy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom