Vive Pro 2 vs Valve Index

kivie

Reactions
Does anyone have experience with the two headsets? I know the Vive Pro 2 has the higher resolution and the Index has the better refresh rate. In regards to VaM which would be better? I would think the resolution would make the scenes look crystal clear, but maybe the refresh rate helps with play-ability.

I use VR for more then VaM but I do want a good experience for VaM to be included.
Current experience: I'm upgrading from Vive so I know anything will look better. Have used the quest 2 via AirLink but I hate anything with battery life.
I have a 4070ti so I should be able to run either headset.

Thanks for any feedback.

I have both an Index and a Quest 3. I think that the quality of the materials that Valve used for the Index is superior to the Quest 3 - the Quest 3 feels cheap in comparison. However, the Quest is capable of doing passthrough scenes, which aren't perfect but they can be cool. Also, not having a cable attached to the headset is actually really nice.

If you're worried about the battery life, you can always buy a cord for the Quest - that's what I did, a 16ft cable set me back $40. I only use the cable when I'm setting a scene up or doing some form of editing - once I'm ready to enjoy VAM, I take the cable off

I swapped from Index to Vive pro 2 when it was released. In my opinion the swap was not big step up from the Index. The image is more clear in the center with Vive, but the clarity on the whole vision is better on Index. I decided to sell my Vive pro 2 last year and swapped to Pimax Crystal and that was a much more bigger step up in terms of clarity and colors.

Back
Top Bottom