VD for passthrough

So now only one more plugin is needed for seamless passthrough: do not render objects (walls, cubes, floor etc) but keep the physics.

Heavily inspired by MacGruber plugin.
Just add it as scene plugin and it will disable rendering for everything except Person and menu/button atoms. It might skip some weird atoms like TechnoLights but you can disable them manually (shouldn't be too often anyway).
Combine it with BackgroundColor plugin and UIAssist to make any scene passthrough friendly with one click!

Attachments

• DisableRenderers.cs
    3.1 KB · Views: 0
Here is a weird issue I am having.
Quest 3
4090/i913900ks setup.

Only with pass-through using steamervr and VD for quest. With quest link and oculus no pass-through no issues.

This happens almost every time start up vam, the display main menu looks normal, when I click on middle icon to launch my stored saves the list goes down a mile long it looks like . When I open a scene the person's body is gone and only thing visible is clothing.

This kept happening so I installed the newest vam version xrasfered all files and everything worked and pass-through and main menu was normal. 2 days later launched vam again and it's back to that weird display and missing the person's body. The menu list shows all saved in 1 view that goes down a long way. Normally you click arrow to go to next page. Anyone else experiencing this?

Here is a weird issue I am having.
Quest 3
4090/i913900ks setup.

Only with pass-through using steamervr and VD for quest. With quest link and oculus no pass-through no issues.

This happens almost every time start up vam, the display main menu looks normal, when I click on middle icon to launch my stored saves the list goes down a mile long it looks like . When I open a scene the person's body is gone and only thing visible is clothing.

This kept happening so I installed the newest vam version xrasfered all files and everything worked and pass-through and main menu was normal. 2 days later launched vam again and it's back to that weird display and missing the person's body. The menu list shows all saved in 1 view that goes down a long way. Normally you click arrow to go to next page. Anyone else experiencing this?
wich arrow?? wich next page in wich menu list?? do you mean in a browser assist page ( the session plugin) list ? to me it looks like you are getting issues with some vam tragic crapware downloaded from hub or patreon.
The most significant issues with VirtualDesktop* I read in the orthodogs VD discord are all related to VD serious problems when quest 3 is trying to work through a full wireless LAN (if router is not connected via ethernet to pc)... but your problem looks 100% more related to VAM only or (but it's less realistic) a steamVR even more wrong custom settings?? only Neptune knows.

With such kind of weird issues my best solution would be to restore standard settings (with oculus, steamVR, windows mixed reality, and VD eventually, but I hope I wiil never need to).
Then, if the problem is limited to VAM I would make a fresh install and I would get rid of suspects: scenes, plugins, .dll-s, and other ugly crapware before copying back mybest scenes, looks and absolutely indispensable useful plugins.

My Virtual Desktop passthrough only little issue is that when I load a vam scene saved with that useful chroma variation plugin, then often I must reactivate one time the VD passthrough tag (even if it is already active)... but probably this is just a VD logic problem or a vam problem.

* abandoned-display-port-orphan zukkiniberg quest 3 toy must struggle a lot with its wireless streaming, but people are all pretending perfect feedback and blessed performance from their beloved toy and from their neglected innocent home-routers ... this looks like a never ending horror-picture story I can popcorning watch in the discord old-testament-grown-old-teenagers fappers or in other even more advanced beautiful-minds developers forums.

The most nervous funny (comic) solution :ROFLMAO::sleep::LOL: the moderators-developers always recommend is : changing the router

to buy different marks of routers... and they even show also long lists of the "bad" ones... bad wifi-6e routers, bad microwaves ovens, bad bad barbecues, and good oh indeed "so good" expensive fusion-hot asus models, or more cheap chinese shit amazon offers. The more antennas the best. Long live zukkiniberg.

Last edited:
VD just added openxr support and they claim 10% improved performance.
Did anyone try it with VaM and open-composite?

a guest (3) lady "passing" herself through

com.oculus.shellenv-20231019-085616.jpg

VD just added openxr support and they claim 10% improved performance.
Did anyone try it with VaM and open-composite?
They have OpenXR in for a long time already, what they have added is a custom runtime for it, called VDXR.
Anyway, never tried Open Composite yet, since I saw no need, is it even possible to use with VAM? VD performance is just top notch on my environment (PC and Wifi setup).

Going to try the beta tomorrow, lets see ;)

They have OpenXR in for a long time already, what they have added is a custom runtime for it, called VDXR.
Anyway, never tried Open Composite yet, since I saw no need, is it even possible to use with VAM? VD performance is just top notch on my environment (PC and Wifi setup).

Going to try the beta tomorrow, lets see ;)
There is a thread here that says VaM works with opencomposite.
But I think you're right. Most of us are CPU bottlenecked, openxr probably helps only if your GPU is slow.

I guess there's no way to get rid of or feather the outline eh.
You have to experiment with the chroma key color to minimize it, also the smoothness and similarity settings in VD.
I had pretty good results with 98,120,100, Smooth 5, Sim 0
But it will never be gone completely with the current implementation.

You have to experiment with the chroma key color to minimize it, also the smoothness and similarity settings in VD.
I found it depends on the room lighting, I get better results with natural light 😊

Yea we need some type of edge filter.

Anyone know how to make the male a solid green for passthrough? When I make it solid green, without skin gloss/specular, the light/shadow still causes different shades to pop in passthrough :(

How do you setup lightning in a way that the male body is not affected by light/shadow so there are no different shades of green on his body?

Last edited:
Anyone know how to make the male a solid green for passthrough? When I make it solid green, without skin gloss/specular, the light/shadow still causes different shades to pop in passthrough :(
How about using Green man look preset?

How about using Green man look preset?
I actually made the exact same look, but the light/shadows are still making different shades of green appear and it messes the passthrough experience :(

Heavily inspired by MacGruber plugin.
Just add it as scene plugin and it will disable rendering for everything except Person and menu/button atoms. It might skip some weird atoms like TechnoLights but you can disable them manually (shouldn't be too often anyway).
Combine it with BackgroundColor plugin and UIAssist to make any scene passthrough friendly with one click!
Can you give us a tutorial how to use these three plugins to make a scene passthrough?

Back
Top Bottom