VD for passthrough

Really can't wait to try this with the Quest 3 when it arrives, but this also works on Quest 2 for anyone curious. Truly a game changer and much easier than past methods.

If you pick up an object inside VaM and then put the controller down and wait for it to go to sleep - once it does, you end up holding the object in your virtual hand anyway even without the controller as I'm guessing the hand tracking gets activated and still works as it goes through
wow so cool

Here's some recorded with my new Quest 3 and VD today.
I have to research how to change the recording settings to some higher quality.

But coming from a Quest Pro, I can say passthrough is not perfect but way better on Q3, I can roam my entire house including stairs, read phone and monitor, its a huge improvement.
... it's a science fiction dream made true.
(now, if only we could kill that idiot "quest guardian" - meaning: just a disturbing security safety element when using passthrough that is showing any obstacle)

... it's a science fiction dream made true.
(now, if only we could kill that idiot "quest guardian" - meaning: just a disturbing security safety element when using passthrough that is showing any obstacle)
Wasn't there developer settings to disable Guardian completely? Cannot check now, not on PC

Wasn't there developer settings to disable Guardian completely? Cannot check now, not on PC
unfortunately I think it is not anymore possible (at least for my very limited skill and Geduld) !
I was checking yesterday various (reddit unofficial) methods, very promising and smart BUT one more boringly complicated than the other (for a peone chronic newb like me) ... ensuring unrestricted .apk access to the quest (via usb of course). Very nice but it remembers me too much the last century adventures when it was a standard to spend a lot of time with some antique smart-phones' operative system.
or
I was also trying to "test" with an official actualized zukkiniberg "developer" meta account ... a meta absurdity beyond the imagination requiring a full day just to understand the logic of an infinite list of fucking meta-rules for this once banal alternative (with rift-s and before).
I was looking for and finding a lot of talks ... but no method fast easy plug-and-fap: in the zukkiniberg gang they fear too much legal consequences if an idiot steam player has accidents falling from an open window during a fps session :ROFLMAO::LOL::geek::unsure:

ps: thanks THANKS a lot for your Gotham .bat method : I get around 100 fps passthroughing in my studio a sex action scene with 2 persons, sim hairs, a lot of plugins (cue, naturalis, etc. etc.) for both male/female and a 3 points lights. 😇 ... getting rid of steam crapware was also only a dream with reverb. Really thanks a lot to a german Bat-man 🦇 ♥️

Last edited:
unfortunately I think it is not anymore possible (at least for my very limited skill and Geduld) !
I was checking yesterday various (reddit unofficial) methods, very promising and smart BUT one more boringly complicated than the other (for a peone chronic newb like me) ... ensuring unrestricted .apk access to the quest (via usb of course). Very nice but it remembers me too much the last century adventures when it was a standard to spend a lot of time with some antique smart-phones' operative system.
or
I was also trying to "test" with an official actualized zukkiniberg "developer" meta account ... a meta absurdity beyond the imagination requiring a full day just to understand the logic of an infinite list of fucking meta-rules for this once banal alternative (with rift-s and before).
I was looking for and finding a lot of talks ... but no method fast easy plug-and-fap: in the zukkiniberg gang they fear too much legal consequences if an idiot steam player has accidents falling from an open window during a fps session :ROFLMAO::LOL::geek::unsure:

ps: thanks THANKS a lot for your Gotham .bat method : I get around 100 fps passthroughing in my studio a sex action scene with 2 persons, sim hairs, a lot of plugins (cue, naturalis, etc. etc.) for both male/female and a 3 points lights. 😇 ... getting rid of steam crapware was also only a dream with reverb. Really thanks a lot to a german Bat-man 🦇 ♥️
Just had the chance to check it. In Settings -> Developer there is still the option to deactivate Guardian

Just had the chance to check it. In Settings -> Developer there is still the option to deactivate Guardian
really??? maybe because you can load start your q-nest 3 with your old still active developer account belonging to your quest pro. I will check asap if my developer option can magically appear too in my oculus settings where there are only 2 (two!) options for similar intent (not sure if they are just for skipping alerts for boundaries trespass... same for egiptian Sinai frontier?) but they are specified only for oculus rift or cv1 or ... deactivated immediately on my first load, but with no effect on my quest 3 logic system 🤗

edited: a "developer" option is not listed in my oculus [active and connected quest
3 headset] settings... besides those covidPeriod-like "[idiot]safety" tags.

Zukkiniberg gangsters they are aware that millions of teenagers they risk their life playing night and day with the headset colled to their empty skulls and so they were blocking (my guess) that developer option at least for the new oculus accounts (like mine) to skip the $$$ consequences of an eventual class-action after the first 1.000 teenager/70yearsoldVAMfappers dead in USA. This is my humble-mumble
guess.
1697377295356.jpeg

Attachments

• 1697376207729.png
    1697376207729.png
    169 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Its in the settings of your headset, not in Oculus SW (given that you have enabled developer mode in your smartphone app)

Attachments

• com.oculus.shellenv-20231015-153009.mp4
    24.9 MB
Hello when I launch VAM using VD it launches through SteamVR
Is this normal or not ?
I do not have Occulus software installed on my PC.
What is the best performance wise ?
Thanks

Hello when I launch VAM using VD it launches through SteamVR
Is this normal or not ?
I do not have Occulus software installed on my PC.
What is the best performance wise ?
Thanks

Make a batch file like this (replace your path to VAM), launch Virtual Desktop and start the batch file from there, this will bypass Steam:
"C:\Program Files\Virtual Desktop Streamer\VirtualDesktop.Streamer.exe" "F:\VR\Clean\VaM.exe"

Ok i will try but what is preferable ? Steam VR or not ? And shall I install occulus software on PC ?

Ok i will try but what is preferable ? Steam VR or not ? And shall I install occulus software on PC ?
Bypassing Steam is advised. Try the batch file, I am unsure if it requires Oculus SW (I have it installed). If VAM is not starting in VR, install it

Its in the settings of your headset, not in Oculus SW (given that you have enabled developer mode in your smartphone app)
thanks! enabling dev. account in quest app ??? I was trying to... since the first day, then I was deleting each invasive, privacy spycrapware dirty shit zukkiniberg app ass-print from my mobile device. The "two" options (they pretend that those gangster blackmails are "options" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) we need to obey to get a banal fucking developer freedom?? ... the most funny is that we "must/can" create (???) a sort of "real" [????] "technical team" a sort of private company for digital creatives :p:geek::unsure::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:... to enable two factors verif. login with our phone number, to show them that we have a credit card account and to enable in the app a list of bullshits spycrapware etc. etc. ... and all that just to cut away boundaries guardian??? ... no, thanks!... So I can keep like it is, I guess 🤬 . Fuck off zukkiniberg!

that's the actual procedure to piss out a bloody zukkiniberg dev. account with quest 3.

ps: last but not least.. was I forgetting to mention how many gracious reminders to "share" our shit private data in fuckfacebucks (facebook) there are in any "naz-social" quest 3 setting list?? should I mention that too? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OT: about your kind video ------> I saw those (real wood boxes?) very very nice two loudspeakers near the monitor. Are they active powered monitors with bluetooth connection? wich model/mark .... hoping you can share something about them before they ban me and my vam hub registration too (was moving my pc away in a room far from my beloved hi-fi ... so I need there too a similar good but cheap surrogate to enjoy music)

Last edited:
thanks! enabling dev. account in quest app ??? I was trying to... since the first day, then I was deleting each invasive, privacy spycrapware dirty shit zukkiniberg app ass-print from my mobile device. The "two" options (they pretend that those gangster blackmails are "options" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) we need to obey to get a banal fucking developer freedom?? ... the most funny is that we "must/can" create (???) a sort of "real" [????] "technical team" a sort of private company for digital creatives :p:geek::unsure::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:... to enable two factors verif. login with our phone number, to show them that we have a credit card account and to enable in the app a list of bullshits spycrapware etc. etc. ... and all that just to cut away boundaries guardian??? ... no, thanks!... So I can keep like it is, I guess 🤬 . Fuck off zukkiniberg!

that's the actual procedure to piss out a bloody zukkiniberg dev. account with quest 3.

ps: last but not least.. was I forgetting to mention how many gracious reminders to "share" our shit private data in fuckfacebucks (facebook) there are in any "naz-social" quest 3 setting list?? should I mention that too? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OT: about your kind video ------> I saw those (real wood boxes?) very very nice two loudspeakers near the monitor. Are they active powered monitors with bluetooth connection? wich model/mark .... hoping you can share something about them before they ban me and my vam hub registration too (was moving my pc away in a room far from my beloved hi-fi ... so I need there too a similar good but cheap surrogate to enjoy music)

No, this are Edifier Studio Monitors (R1700BT), wired and powered (they have a bluetooth option as well).
I am a sound whore, I need good sound ;)

And really, setting up a dev account is easy peasy, but you seem to have a Zucki hate, cannot help u there.
I am glad he brought us all the affordable toys :p

Last edited:
No, this are Edifier Studio Monitors (R1700BT), wired and powered (they have a bluetooth option as well).
I am a sound whore, I need good sound ;)

And really, setting up a dev account is easy peasy, but you seem to have a Zucki hate, cannot help u there.
I am glad he brought us all the affordable toys :p
ok... in the actual situation, with fakefuckbook being not anymore forced duty for VR, surrendering to a quest 3 "guardian" boundary it is not a relevant problem. About zukkini I can't hate him in its golden reality of course. Simply I don't like his unlucky bovine look and his shape-washed morality fame. I prefere thousand times better his brave rival elon musky, much more empathetic and sometimes comic.

for @cmramlow : this is my cheap "3 meters short" solution for
saving quest 3 battery charge when playing Virtual Desktop.
Of course it is a bastard temporary remedy till I will buy a "beefy" comfortly
new head strap with battery.

The important is:

1) to fix that relativ. hard and heavy usb cable IMMEDIATELY
to those precarious delicate tragic
pathetic ridiculous BOTH plastic sides of the quest 3
left and right!
NB: fix firmly that cable just to the hard solid parts near the loudspeaker!! .

It's the only empiric method to save the extremely fragile usb connector life of your quest 3

2) to charge at least one time to 100% the quest 3 battery (this too it is not optional or banal like it seems)

3) to disable, on the oculus settings air/usb link after the wireless settings for the 5GHz are saved and active...
because we don't need that anymore if you correctly installed Virtual Desktop for oculus

20231013_184413.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the default values are for the passthrough colors? Thanks
There are no such. The chroma color is set by you, the VD ones have be the same ones in VAM.
Some say blue'ish is best, some green'ish, some use a mix.
It also heavily depends on scene lighting and content, since everything in the chroma color range will be keyed out as well.

There are no such. The chroma color is set by you, the VD ones have be the same ones in VAM.
It also heavily depends on scene lighting and content, since everything in the chroma color range will be keyed out as well.
the fact is that your 98-120-100 is undoubtly the fucking absolutely BEST rgb numbers for getting a vam person skin appearing perfect when using quest 3 passthrough (in sinergy with 5% simulation and 0% SMOOTHNESS.
I was happy testing those settings with a lot of subscene lights preset. Always absolutely perfect with some sporadic really minimal issues on some custom clothes alpha channel or black hairs.

ok thanks I just wanted the original ones as I play other games and I can see my room in my other games as well lol

Any idea how to color the male with the green color but keep the physics and collisions?
Setting the skin color doesn't do much since the lighting changes the shades.
And anyway it would be nice to disable male rendering in VAM but keep his collisions

Any idea how to color the male with the green color but keep the physics and collisions?
Setting the skin color doesn't do much since the lighting changes the shades.
And anyway it would be nice to disable male rendering in VAM but keep his collisions
I think this plugin could help:

I found this one yesterday and works great
You can even set if you want some parts to be visible.
But your looks even better. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom