VAMLive
Hey! Np, you're welcome : )

There is an internal possibility by simply swapping the "ScreenOpt_Material" on the fly with a trigger.
That said, the glitch material is "linear", it's not like a random thing controlled over time.

What I can propose is making two new materials: screen_noise, and glitch01heavy. So that you could have a default screen with noise and two glitchy materials of different strength, and you could change the material through triggers.

I need to fix the window camera bug, so that's not very long to add a couple more materials : )
Thanks for the quick reply and appreciate the solution you came up with. I already use that plugin in a scene and am worried that upgrading it might break it now, but it shouldn't right?:D

One more question, did you keep the original Glitch01 in there as well? I really liked how it looked, so I hope yes and hence why I am kinda worried to upgrade now, because I don't want to lose that one.

Cheers

Thanks for the quick reply and appreciate the solution you came up with. I already use that plugin in a scene and am worried that upgrading it might break it now, but it shouldn't right?:D

One more question, did you keep the original Glitch01 in there as well? I really liked how it looked, so I hope yes and hence why I am kinda worried to upgrade now, because I don't want to lose that one.

Cheers

No probs!
Yes no worries on the legacy content, I try like 99.9% of the time to keep compatibility. So yes, everything will work and yes Glitch01 is still there : )

No probs!
Yes no worries on the legacy content, I try like 99.9% of the time to keep compatibility. So yes, everything will work and yes Glitch01 is still there : )
!> Error during attempt to load assetbundle hazmhox.vamlive.3:/Custom/Scripts/VAMLive/vamlive_assets.cambundle. Not valid
!> VAMLive - Exception caught: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at VAMLivePlugin.VAMLiveCamera.OnBundleLoaded (MeshVR.AssetBundleFromFileRequest aRequest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After updating the plugin via the in-game hub and then changing the plugin on both camera and screen empty atoms it gives me this message, not sure what could it be... I restarted VAM, I also tried to create another new empty and load the plugin on there, does the same.

Would you know?

!> Error during attempt to load assetbundle hazmhox.vamlive.3:/Custom/Scripts/VAMLive/vamlive_assets.cambundle. Not valid
!> VAMLive - Exception caught: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at VAMLivePlugin.VAMLiveCamera.OnBundleLoaded (MeshVR.AssetBundleFromFileRequest aRequest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

After updating the plugin via the in-game hub and then changing the plugin on both camera and screen empty atoms it gives me this message, not sure what could it be... I restarted VAM, I also tried to create another new empty and load the plugin on there, does the same.

Would you know?

The usual drill ;)
Always use method one if you know a plugin handles legacy content: download, delete old versions, then hard reset. Never EVER, try to change a plugin that potentially has an assetbundle within the same scene with two different versions.

The usual drill ;)
Always use method one if you know a plugin handles legacy content: download, delete old versions, then hard reset. Never EVER, try to change a plugin that potentially has an assetbundle within the same scene with two different versions.
Oh, thanks. I didn't know I had to delete the previous version. Deleting stuff like that gives me anxiety:D I thought just updating it via the in-game hub will do the thing once I'd restart VAM.

I did do what you say and it seems to work, thank you.
ps. what do you mean by the never ever changing plugin with an assetbundle with two diff versions? Could you give me an example, it might be easier for me to understand it then.

ps. what do you mean by the never ever changing plugin with an assetbundle with two diff versions? Could you give me an example, it might be easier for me to understand it then.

Plugins that have assetbundles inside of them ( a bunch of my plugin do ).
But that's hard for you to know that without checking the plugin unless you have some technical background.

But the important thing is, never two different versions of the same plugin inside a single scene.

One last thing - the newly added effect "glitch01strong" is nice, but it's not "strong" enough for what I need. I really need a glitch this strong so that you can barely see the video:
- mind you this youtube example has some "scary" noises so mute it if you'll watch it, also it might be a bit too strong looking at it for some people.

So unless you don't have a stronger glitch effect that you could implement into the plugin I'll try to do what I said earlier - use a transparent video plane placed on top of the VAMlive screen plane and trigger it.

I can come up with all sorts of glitchs and materials : )
I have just a lot on my plate right now lol

I'll check what I can do.

I can come up with all sorts of glitchs and materials : )
I have just a lot on my plate right now lol

I'll check what I can do.
I am sure you can and I am sure you're not waiting for someone to be constantly asking you for changes in one of your plugins:D I really appreciate the recent update and I think I can manage to do the desired effect I want the way I mentioned earlier.

Also me having more control over the effect is probably better in the end, at least I won't be bothering you with more requests if it still might not be what "I am after"...

So please don't bother unless you'd really be bored:D

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom