VAMLaunch repack

Plugins VAMLaunch repack

@hazmhox - I'm sorry I wasn't clear. And I am sorry I did not realize you ended support. Perhaps, despite that, you can provide me with some insight. Here's what I am talking about:

You added additional sources for control to the original version. CycleForce and RhythmForce. The CycleForce is awesome.

What I can't figure out is how to add another source - Timeline. AcidBubble's Timeline plugin provides complex animations, but the core of it looks no different than a cycleforce or an animation pattern.

I looked a bit at the code, and I'm just lost at the level of complexity.

The steps I took so far were:

1. ADD_ME.cslist: Add "src/MotionSources/Timeline.cs" to the list.
2. Within Scripts\VAMLaunch\src\MotionSources -> Add Timeline.cs (I copied OscillateSource.cs and renamed)
3. Edit Timeline.cs... I started by trying to change a few variable names. But when I saved everything it all broke, and I had to reinstall.

This is slightly beyond my ability. If you could perhaps steer me into a better direction... I would try to do the work and create something that works!

Are you familiar with the Timeline plugin?

-Trader

Of course! I'm a big time user of timeline.

You did exactly what you need to do for another source.
First you should extract the plugin properly in the scripts folder, from there, you can do whatever you want.

If something broke, this is mostly due to your motion source. I don't think you need to reinstall everything, you should just undo your change and retry to see what prevented the VAMLaunch script to work.

Since I know Acid pretty well, I'm gonna try to see if I can figure out something for the plugin. What you're trying to do is something I had in mind for a long time, but at the time, I did not know Acid that well and I did not try to bother him with that.

I'll keep you posted if we can do something about it : )

Of course! I'm a big time user of timeline.

You did exactly what you need to do for another source.
First you should extract the plugin properly in the scripts folder, from there, you can do whatever you want.

If something broke, this is mostly due to your motion source. I don't think you need to reinstall everything, you should just undo your change and retry to see what prevented the VAMLaunch script to work.

Since I know Acid pretty well, I'm gonna try to see if I can figure out something for the plugin. What you're trying to do is something I had in mind for a long time, but at the time, I did not know Acid that well and I did not try to bother him with that.

I'll keep you posted if we can do something about it : )

Awesome! I don't have time to tinker this week, but I will check back here regularly now. You've got me excited.

@hazmhox bump! :) Just wondering if you were able to look at this yet. Having a Timeline option within the VAMLaunch would change everything.

Hey everyone. If you ever run into the issue where you get an error message in VAM when you start VAM Launch and it says the error below, then all you have to do is follow these instructions from microsoft and reset your sockets/ports. When you encounter this error, everything seems to work fine, the plugin tracks, VAM Sync connects to Buttplug.io etc, but the toy doesn't move. So, just reset the sockets and IT WORKS! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-utility-d954430c-9b11-43f0-6081-0fc9235a8b4a

Attachments

• VAM Sync error log in VAM.JPG
    VAM Sync error log in VAM.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
@hazmhox - So I didn't realize that the plugins are exposed within @Acid Bubbles timeline - I was able to add a trigger for the simulator position variable. However, despite seeing the slider moving within the VamSync / VamLaunch plugin... it did not correlate to the mechanical movement. I have no idea how to fix this, do you?

Having this amazing tech, and the idea of being able to completely customize the movement being *just* out of reach is incredibly frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

Seing how the last update said this project was dead and whatnot and I recently stumbled upon the ToySerialController plugin, I made this: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/toyserialcontroller-vamlaunch.12663/
In short: It's a session plugin for VAMLaunch to receive tracked motion data from the ToySerialController plugin. No zones required to set up. Give it a try.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom