Vam not working, very slow

asf

Reactions
Hi

Suddenly My Vam is not working! Very slow, scenes don't like to load. I even downloaded the fastest version (to replace my old version) and it still runs extremely slow.
Anyone any ideas? - can help"? !

Thanks

No way to help without context and history. If you had VaM working fine before and then that changed, then identify what you did in between those times that could explain the changes.

Thanks for reply - I downloaded some a bunch of scenes and other Var . Thought they may cause the problem, so I backtracked and deleted these new var's . Still had the problem. So I moved my saves to desktop, deleted VAM app and re-download new version - still same problem.

"Downloaded the fastest version"? Do you mean latest?
To get any idea what may be wrong you need to give more information. "Scenes don't like to load", what does this mean, they load or not?

Sorry , yes Latest, typo - the scenes sometimes load after an age , sometimes it just hangs , when they do load they are very slow. These are the scenes that come with the version - not ones I've loaded back in.

Sorry , yes Latest, typo - the scenes sometimes load after an age , sometimes it just hangs , when they do load they are very slow. These are the scenes that come with the version - not ones I've loaded back in, I haven't loaded any back in.

What's your system like?
Slow as what kind of FPS you're getting (performance monitor)?
Anything relevant to share between when you had a performant VaM and now?

It has also become slow for me and I thought perhaps its dependent on that I downloade more scenes/looks Can it be related to the amount of content that it in some way needs to go through every startup?

Is there a way to delete scenes/looks from within VAM from the browser? I mean so you can see the thumbnails of what you are deleting?
It feels like I must have missed where it is and it seems to weird that there is no way to delete files and only add.

My vam runs almost like new again after doing these few things. Believe me, this made my scenes go from 5 minute load times down to about 30 to 45 second loads with super fast person/look changes.

1. Download Browser assist by JayJayWon as this is the best way to delete a lot of shit without waiting a Millenia for package manager to load for every single deletion and it is nice to see what you are deleting.__

(DO NOT SKIP THESE OTHER TWO STEPS. THEY SOUND MORE HASSLE THAN THEY ACTUALLY ARE)

2. Get rid of vars that contain absolutely stupid amounts of morphs. There is a python script that you execute using powershell and it shows all vars containing more than 500 morphs and it was a massive help as there were copies and old versions of the same bloated vars, some containing more than a 1,500 morphs each. Follow and read carefully this link.__ https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/too-many-heap-sections.38525/post-108718

3. Download turtlebackgoofy CPU Performance patch. It is something I didn't do for ages because I thought it would be hard to set up but it was a piece of piss. He has pretty much rectified some bad stuff in vam that meshed maybe didn't have the time to do back then. Follow this link to the thread.__

Back
Top Bottom