VAM need AR for Quest2!

blueseman

Reactions
VAM need AR for Quest2,just image how realistic it would be.Oculus had already share the AR sdk,no one notice it?

Not sure if you can do the passthrough mode with PCVR ? I know native headset apps support it but if you are rendering on the PC I am not sure that works with passthrough on the headset.
No way they are doing a Quest2 native VaM client either.

Wait for that Oculus Cambria with full colour passthrough, that will be awesome.

VAM need AR for Quest2,just image how realistic it would be.Oculus had already share the AR sdk, no one notice it?

Its kind of cheesy but there is a trick to kind of achieving that. If you set it to 120 FPS with a stationary boundary you can step to the edge or lean back near the boundary. This puts what VAM is rendering in the middle surrounded by wherever you are. I have considered doing a scene or two designed around this trick. Anyhow, I know this isnt really what you are talking about but I thought you might be interested.

Someone posted about this on Redit a while back if you want to find the original threads with the explaination.

Its kind of cheesy but there is a trick to kind of achieving that. If you set it to 120 FPS with a stationary boundary you can step to the edge or lean back near the boundary. This puts what VAM is rendering in the middle surrounded by wherever you are. I have considered doing a scene or two designed around this trick. Anyhow, I know this isnt really what you are talking about but I thought you might be interested.

Someone posted about this on Redit a while back if you want to find the original threads with the explaination.
That thrick sounds interesting,I would try it.

Not sure if you can do the passthrough mode with PCVR ? I know native headset apps support it but if you are rendering on the PC I am not sure that works with passthrough on the headset.
No way they are doing a Quest2 native VaM client either.

Wait for that Oculus Cambria with full colour passthrough, that will be awesome.
Looking forward to the upcoming quest 3 with full rgb camera.

The current "Trick" with the stationary guardian orks great already and works best if you use a black backround with no environment.
But sure a full native integration would be amazing.

There is a thread already open for Mixed Reality Integration.
> No Feedback from the Developers, so currently i hope someone external creates a plugin for VAM 1 and sure VAM 2 if it will see its light.

The Documentation for it how to integrate this is released so we would only need a skilled programmer with unity skills to
make this become reality ;)

Last edited:
The current "Trick" with the stationary guardian orks great already and works best if you use a black backround with no environment.
But sure a full native integration would be amazing.

There is a thread already open for Mixed Reality Integration.
> No Feedback from the Developers, so currently i hope someone external creates a plugin for VAM 1 and sure VAM 2 if it will see its light.

The Documentation for it how to integrate this is released so we would only need a skilled programmer with unity skills to
make this become reality ;)

great,look forward to it

I'm not sure if this is what you guys are talking about, but it'd be pretty next-level to be able to have your virtual girls parading around your own house or apartment. I'd like to imagine a future where VR/AR goggles have a compact enough form factor to wear all around the house, maybe like glasses or even contact lenses.

Using a kind of photogrammetry, you could have the glasses create a virtual replica of your living space, that is automatically updated whever you walk through a room or corridor. That way, your virtual girls will be able to use this virtual replica to navigate your real home, and even enter spaces you're not physically present in yourself.

Ideal for virtual AI girlfriend/boyfriends in the more distant future.

I'm not sure if this is what you guys are talking about, but it'd be pretty next-level to be able to have your virtual girls parading around your own house or apartment. I'd like to imagine a future where VR/AR goggles have a compact enough form factor to wear all around the house, maybe like glasses or even contact lenses.

Using a kind of photogrammetry, you could have the glasses create a virtual replica of your living space, that is automatically updated whever you walk through a room or corridor. That way, your virtual girls will be able to use this virtual replica to navigate your real home, and even enter spaces you're not physically present in yourself.

Ideal for virtual AI girlfriend/boyfriends in the more distant future.
Take a look at this guide: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/ipad-lidar-scanning-your-room-and-import-into-vam.5388/ it took some trial and error but it is fairly convincing.

Back
Top Bottom