Big Navi vs Ampere for VaM

Well don't try to play LA Noire the VR case files with that setup ;)

because you cant in case you wanted to....
Yes I can. Me and son have both played it. with a mix of Nvidia and AMD cards, and Intel and AMD CPU [our builds are different he has my old system and VR headset]..both ran it fine as I said that in a previous post about this very subject. If you want I can fire it up now and check it again :p
I suppose this is one of those: I have no personal experience with it..but read it on the internet you can't and I took that at face value since it fit my stance. situations...
Crap game in and of itself for other reasons no matter what system you have [but that's outside of hardware compatibility reasons], but runs fine.

For your last post:
References for this 2 star vs 5 star compatibility claim? Is that an objective, or subjective response?
I have not, in all honesty and not being combative for the sake of it...seen this claim ANYWHERE but when you make it. And part of my job is to check hardware compatibility for my company...

Both/all brands are fine.
But we get it, you HATE, loathe, and despise AMD. Feel free, that's your right. But that is subjective. Im asking if you want to make the claim beyond personal stance..it needs to be objective.
I have given tons of examples, histories, real world data and results for my replies. All we get from you is: :LAWL, I R PC Master Race smarterer than you all" essentially. And you MAY BE. But give us something to show it. So far it's all just biased ego and no substance.
Also:
Still waiting on those charts, benchmarks of objective data of comparison of them across a series and it's tiers to show one 'clearly is far inferior'. [Will keep asking until we get proof beyond "Because I said so".]

Last edited:
Yes I can. Me and son have both played it. with a mix of Nvidia and AMD cards, and Intel and AMD CPU [our builds are different he has my old system and VR headset]..both ran it fine as I said that in a previous post about this very subject. If you want I can fire it up now and check it again :p
I suppose this is one of those: I have no personal experience with it..but read it on the internet you can't and I took that at face value since it fit my stance. situations...
Crap game in and of itself for other reasons no matter what system you have [but that's outside of hardware compatibility reasons], but runs fine.

For your last post:
References for this 2 star vs 5 star compatibility claim? Is that an objective, or subjective response?
I have not, in all honesty and not being combative for the sake of it...seen this claim ANYWHERE but when you make it. And part of my job is to check hardware compatibility for my company...

Both/all brands are fine.
But we get it, you HATE, loathe, and despise AMD. Feel free, that's your right. But that is subjective. Im asking if you want to make the claim beyond personal stance..it needs to be objective.
I have given tons of examples, histories, real world data and results for my replies. All we get from you is: :LAWL, I R PC Master Race smarterer than you all" essentially. And you MAY BE. But give us something to show it. So far it's all just biased ego and no substance.
Also:
Still waiting on those charts, benchmarks of objective data of comparison of them across a series and it's tiers to show one 'clearly is far inferior'. [Will keep asking until we get proof beyond "Because I said so".]

Well you played it because you had intel or Nvidia. While he has a AMD/AMD combo and cant. Try it with AMD CPU and GPU see what happens lol.

nIce try tho

Keep in mind this is just one of dozens of things I have ran into. And all the big reviewers will tell you the same thing. they just phrase it as "drivers" which is understating it.

You can scroll in the other posts to see other many examples. Do you want me to make a running list for you to understand just how many software, mods and emulators I have run into and countless others that exist that I haven't run into personally.

The shills essentially put a huge spotlight on the benchmarks (both 5* performance) but then put the whole driver thing in a random understated paragraph mumbling about drivers. But realistically its where the (2* vs 5* element comes in) and they will admit Intel/nVidia has the 10 year embedded preferred support advantage.

Every shill will admit that if pressed. And what I list (this LA Noire) just being yet another recent example of what exactly they mean by the drivers.

So its not subjective its just plain fact. Its just that people tend to act like its not as big of a factor as it really is to someone like me who is always using rare and fringe software. Its a very real advantage to be the mainstream supported platform.

Well you played it because you had intel or Nvidia. While he has a AMD/AMD combo and cant. Try it with AMD CPU and GPU see what happens lol.
nIce try tho
Thats what I had..when I ran it back then. AMD and AMD. (2700x and 480).
Then had Intel and Nvidia. And back to AMD and AMD now, after it being AMD and Nvidia [the 1080ti I just changed out to 6800xt]. (Why my son has the intel/nvidia 970 hand me down he played it on too.)

And just so you can't go "Nice try on saying you have ran different setups for it" as a dismissive hand wave of my proofs (you love doing that on claims to try to minimize them it seems, you have done it to others)...my old card out, my new card in. If you need a pic of my sons setup..feel free I can provide. I can probably find my 480 too if I dig in my garage I ran it on if you need a pic of it for 'proof' I ran that too.

4nf909T.jpg

And all the big reviewers will tell you the same thing. they just phrase it as "drivers" which is understating it.
Links?
Do you want me to make a running list for you to understand just how many software, mods and emulators I have run into and countless others that exist that I haven't run into personally.
Yes. for the love of god yes...What I have been asking for for two pages. (Leave out the emulators, they are ALWAYS a mixed bag of working right crowd sourced software. WE dont need to drag this thread down that rabbit hole of emulator issues. We can find 101 that run bad on X brand, and 101 that run bad on Y brand.) Im sure you have plenty of other references you don't need them..right?

And it seems now its you claiming "Problems I (singular) have had"..before it was "Universal problems". But lets ignore that it's your own experience you have been passing off as widespread proofs.
The shills essentially put a huge spotlight on the benchmarks (both 5* performance) but then put the whole driver thing in a random understated paragraph mumbling about drivers. But realistically its where the (2* vs 5* element comes in) and they will admit Intel/nVidia has the 10 year embedded preferred support advantage.
Every shill will admit that if pressed. And what I list (this LA Noire) just being yet another recent example of what exactly they mean by the drivers.
But whos talking about shills. I have been saying actual reliable reputable reviewers and tech sites. Show me real reputable ones that 'tells the truth' as you say it. If the shill don't it means you have a comparator of no shills that must.
And I really want to see any links to whatever this is suppose to mean: and they will admit Intel/nVidia has the 10 year embedded preferred support advantage.

Also:

Last edited:
Heres yet ANOTHER example I ran into:

"About 10–15 years ago, I used AMD processors, exclusively. Every system I would build (and I always build my production desktops, myself, to ensure quality and functionality), would have an AMD at its heart. But then, probably about 7 or 8 years ago, I started to notice an increase in system errors, including the dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). After doing some research and many, many hours in support forums, it became evident that as my software updates were installed, the software titles I used were being built with Intel-specific functionalities. In some cases, AMD processors would break the software, causing anything from hung processes to BSOD scenarios.

With a heavy heart, I switched to Intel processors."

Is that an actual article Id love to read it (not being sarcastic), or some random dude on some forum/thread post somewhere? Does it have any reference to these 'functionalities' only intel has? And what software was broke? Or is this another "Stranger on internet says in single post with no reference to claims".
Best example I can give of how useless that post is. You say I'm wrong. Someone could go pull one of my long posts and throw it on another forum as 'backup proof' both are the same. Would you think its solid evidence?
I want actual, verifiable, testable, evidence. Not forum posts from joe average you can find if you look hard enough that's making claims with no replicability.

Not saying whoever that is didn't see that effect, but WAY too many variables outside 'cpu' for cause of assumption of root (user, system, user knowledge level, OS issues, OS bloat, software problems.). If I listened to every user that told me what they 'think' is wrong with their workstation we'd by buying and replacing hardware at twice the rate we do now for no reason.

And without any context to whatever this 'Intel-specific functionalities' (whatever that is...optimization for calls because of paid partnership/sponsorship maybe yes. functions...not a clue) we have no way to know if its a bunch of hogwash.
I really feel you dont even know what that means, but it sounds good for your biased narrative.
Can YOU explain what an Intel-specific function is? As far as I know that's not a 'thing'. (If they mean the splash screen ad in games..that's who paid them/partnered for eyeball space to do it..not that it's 'made' for it).

(Also do you REALLY think, really think that a software company would cut out roughly 1/2 of its sales potential to make software/games that BSOD or crashes on X brand CPU because its not compatible? Get real. That doesn't even make remote sense from the most basic of a software engineer, accounting/marketing, PR, or customer retainment standpoint.)

Also:

Last edited:
This guy thinks the solution to the problem of developers spending more time on nvidia hardware is buying more nvidia hardware. And instead of thanking the people who take in some minor optimization inconveniences for the sake of keeping the market alive he goes around in forums and talks shit about "inferior AMD users and how smart he is for going nvidia". Priceless. Enjoy your monopoly and ever increasing gpu prices.

I always bought AMD because they were always within my price range (when I was a poor college student). Years later I still buy them because I think we need competition and more importantly for me they always work better on Linux (spoiler I play VAM on Linux with AMD)... although with the current market kind have to take what you can get.

I think a point worth mentioning, if not already, the current AMD CEO has done a better job righting some of the wrongs of AMD's past. Clearly moving CPU/GPU market in better directions.

To be sure, if a newbie would ask me what to buy to be on the safe side, I would still say NVIDIA/Intel. But this is not based on facts and real numbers, but only a diffuse feeling.
Nevertheless, 6 month ago I've bought my first all AMD PC and was prepared for some severe issues.
I'm still waiting! Absolutely no issues, great drivers and it's running like a charm.
Instead of this I feel a bit like the day I signed my first eco-power contract. lol.

Most of this is just playing in our heads and stomaches.
It will last some more years to get this completely out of the customers heads,
but if AMD will not make any stupid mistakes, i'm sure it will.

At least this last AMD generation is absolutely great and a real alternative...
And it is revitalizing the market even by now! I am sure the astonishing big performance jump of Ampere was forced by the upcoming Navi 2. So, even as being one of those absolute NVIDIA/Intel fans, everybody should say: "thank you AMD! Everybody go out and get AMD, so I will get better hardware for my money!".
Instead of this, it is this stupid "my team" vs "your team" thinking.

Nevertheless, 6 month ago I've bought my first all AMD PC and was prepared for some severe issues.
I'm still waiting! Absolutely no issues, great drivers and it's running like a charm.

Same here - very happy with my very first "AMD only"-rig.

Though there is a tiny grain of truth to the "AMD-graphics cards bashers" AMD-graphics cards bashing: It took the company a lot of time to fix some driver issues with some more recent midclass Radeons. From what I gathered, they got the hang of it around April-May last year, so I got lucky (bought my 5700xt in June), but if you go dig up some older Reddit-fora, you'll quickly see a lot of ... unhappiness ... and not all of it was the usual mixture of "cluelessness meets judge-mental".

Make no mistake: I'm a total AMD-fanboi now, but it's probably not unreasonable to assume that NVIDIA's driver-devs are more experienced at this point.

Instead of this, it is this stupid "my team" vs "your team" thinking.

That was stupid in the good old days of "Team Atari ST vs Team Amiga" (for Millenials: "early neolithic"), and it's still stupid today ...

Back
Top Bottom