VAM Multiplayer

Plugins VAM Multiplayer

vamrobotics

Reactions
vamrobotics submitted a new resource:

VAM Multiplayer v1.0 - Adds multiplayer functionality to VAM

VAM Multiplayer v1.0

If you ever wanted to use VAM in a multiplayer setting, it is now a reality! :)

I originally made the first proof of concept VAM Multiplayer some two years ago. Back then the server code was done in python 2.x and the plugin itself, though functional, was missing a lot of features.

Having some time on my hands I decided to resurrect my old VAM Multiplayer proof of concept code and update it for use with python 3.x and add in many of the features I had wanted to...

Read more about this resource...

awesome good to see you back. I remember you from the early reddit days. thanks for bringing this back

awesome good to see you back. I remember you from the early reddit days. thanks for bringing this back

Thanks!
Yea, exactly, the old reddit days :)
No problem!

You mean i can play online with other players? If so searching for players :)

Well, yes, but, you have to manually find them at the moment as there is no 'lobby' system implemented, nor is there a central 'game' server 'yet' :)
In addition, there are many potential vectors to massively speed up the code for the plugin and the servers to allow even more person atoms in a scene and hence connected players.

Last edited:
Thanks!
Yea, exactly, the old reddit days :)
No problem!

Well, yes, but, you have to manually find them at the moment as there is no 'lobby' system implemented, nor is there a central 'game' server 'yet' :)
In addition, there are many potential vectors to massively speed up the code for the plugin and the servers to allow even more person atoms in a scene and hence connected players.

That's aweseome! Now i need to find someone to play with.

To make temporary bridges out to the internet, you can try the TCP tunnel features of https://ngrok.com/

It is a command that exposes a local port on your computer out on the internet so that others can connect to it

I have a couple of quick questions. Is it possible to have 2 people connected to the same scene, each possessing their model's 6 limbs (12 active possessions points total)

To make temporary bridges out to the internet, you can try the TCP tunnel features of https://ngrok.com/

It is a command that exposes a local port on your computer out on the internet so that others can connect to it

Is this the best way to start a multiplayer server over the internet? I'm not sure what the advantages of TCP or UDP for VaM is...

Any known limitation to this? Does full body tracking replicate from clients to server?
Also how do you open two instances of VAM for testing?

See, to be getting this error when trying to connect "
Exception caught: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied." localhost IP given to server and set as IP to connect to.

Tried both UDP and TCP.

IDK I launched a second instance in desktop mode and it worked, not sure why the first instance gave that error.

Last edited:
Cool stuff nad the future for sure. Would be nice to try this out with VR possession (if this really works).

I'd be down to support this project on Patreon. Just like S4MP. Let me know if you start a Patreon @vamrobotics and I'll happily pay to see this mod grow.

I know this is old and people are going to be told "use metachat instead" but honestly, I just want to make this work between two machines as it's a simple way to link and I don't need the rest of metachat.
I can connect locally no problem. However when I enter a remote IP address I get an error,

!> Exception caught: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known.

at System.Net.Dns.hostent_to_IPHostEntry (System.String h_name, System.String[] h_aliases, System.String[] h_addrlist) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByAddressFromString (System.String address, Boolean parse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.Net.IPAddress address) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at vamrobotics.VAMMultiplayer.ConnectToServerCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Anybody got any clue what thats about?

Back
Top Bottom