• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Fixed VaM is no longer starting on my computer

noos

Reactions
Seems to be triggerd by changing the GPU Card from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 2070 even on a clean instance. The attached dialog is flashing up and I have afterwards an " UnityPlayer.dll " "Application Error" in the Windows in the Event log. The updater works, but application is no longer starting.
VAM.png

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, though my situation was solved with a clean driver install for my 1080ti.
Try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and reinstalling the latest drivers?

Thanks for the hint, I tried it with DDU an reinstalling the nvidea drivers, but still the same result...

Found the solution afterwards - deinstallation of the Citrix Workspace had solved my problem - It seams that there are some Problems between the UnityPlayer and the Citrix remote graphic driver.
DDU has shown me that this driver was there, even after I had deinstalled the Nvidia drivers and reseted the Windows Driver Update. So thanks again to @vrtacular - your hint pointed me in the right direction ;-)

That's what I was forgetting! I'm glad you managed to solve it. :)
Citrix Workspace does cause issues. Funnily enough, Citrix still works even if you disable the remote display device in device manager - I'm pretty sure it solves that problem so you won't have to reinstall Citrix between sessions.

Yeah this is a known issue with older versions of Unity. I can't fix this until 2.X with new Unity version.

I had an item on Trello noting this as one of the primary causes of crashing

Back
Top Bottom