Screenshots no longer saving?

Assman.

Reactions
Hi

I have been away from VaM for a good while now, and decided the other day to have a go at it again.

I tried to take some screenshots, but I noticed that they never showed up in the screenshots folder?

Everything acts like it always has in VaM, but the screenshots just doesn't ... come (lol)

Have there been any changes that I missed out on?

Mine show up totally normal. Try to update your VaM files via updater, check integrity also. Should work absolutely fine.

Saves --> screenshots

If I remember correctly. Or "custom".

Mine show up totally normal. Try to update your VaM files via updater, check integrity also. Should work absolutely fine.

Saves --> screenshots

If I remember correctly. Or "custom".

I've done both, still no screenshots..

I'm a little confused as to why this would suddenly happen.

I've done both, still no screenshots..

I'm a little confused as to why this would suddenly happen.
It's possible your OS or AV is messing with you.
They don't give permissions like they used to.
I used a CPU temp gauge for years and a few weeks ago my AV decided to block it.

It's possible your OS or AV is messing with you.
They don't give permissions like they used to.
I used a CPU temp gauge for years and a few weeks ago my AV decided to block it.

It's possible. Seems a little strange though.

However, it seems like I am able to create screenshots if I run VaM as Admin.
1692510112.png

But now I am suddenly missing a lot of plug-ins, morphs and assets from my game... :cautious: Not sure how that even happened.

Last edited:
I must be missing something obvious here, surely?

Run VaM standard -> Screenshots does not get created in /saves/screenshots, but all plugins, morphs and assets seems to be there as they should.
Run VaM as admin -> A lot of plugins, morphs, assets vanishes from the game, but screenshots gets created.

:unsure:

I must be missing something obvious here, surely?
If it requires running as admin, than obviously it's OS/user error (not VaM issue).

Don't "install" VaM inside admin rights protected folder (otherwise run as admin or give permission).

There is important note that many skip and don't read https://www.patreon.com/posts/downloading-and-32794384
A common mistake confusing many users when they can't activate vam key or save stuff (because vam doesn't have a permission to write).

If it requires running as admin, than obviously it's OS/user error (not VaM issue).

Don't "install" VaM inside admin rights protected folder (otherwise run as admin or give permission).

There is important note that many skip and don't read https://www.patreon.com/posts/downloading-and-32794384
A common mistake confusing many users when they can't activate vam key or save stuff (because vam doesn't have a permission to write).

That might be, but I have not moved or done any changes to the VaM directory since last time I (actively) used VaM, so I don't understand why I am suddenly experiencing this problem now.

That might be, but I have not moved or done any changes to the VaM directory since last time I (actively) used VaM, so I don't understand why I am suddenly experiencing this problem now.
Windows changes all the time and I'm betting all you need to do is copy the VAM folder to a different area or better to a second drive and all will be fine.

Windows changes all the time and I'm betting all you need to do is copy the VAM folder to a different area or better to a second drive and all will be fine.

It's not in the main C: drive where Windows is and have never been, so it already is in a "second drive".

I guess I just have to try messing with rights and shit in the Properties and hope I find something that fixes it.

I think I have accidentally discovered why this was happening 😳

This only happened when MacGrubers SuperShot was added to a person. When I removed it, I could take screenshots and they would actually save.

Why was I experiencing this issue? Well... I may or may not have been loading a very outdated version of SuperShot without even knowing it. 🤪

Loaded in SuperShot from the latest version of MacGrubers Essentials and it works like it should.

The one I originally loaded was in Customs/scripts folder, in other words something I likely added a long time ago.

So yeah, this was my mistake.

Back
Top Bottom