Not A Bug Saving and using custom animation

vamX

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
Patreon
vamX
I'm not sure if this is a bug report, feature request, or request for info.

So, the new Animation panel is awesome, but I'm wondering how to create our own animations.

If I record an animation using Scene Animation -> Armed for Record, etc. how do I save that animation to play back on another person atom in a different location?

And mix them with the built-in animations?

I tried recording an animation and then going to Animation Presets and saving it, but it didn't save any of the animation I recorded for that atom. Shouldn't saving an animation preset save the animation for that atom? That animation is stored in the Person atom, is there a better way of saving/loading only that part of the animation? Mixing it with the new animation?

This "new" built-in person animation system has always been there, but it only included 1 animation in previous releases. With this release it just received more animations and features to allow making quick and easy demos to test out character, clothing, and hair physics or just to showcase a look. This built-in person animation is not really compatible with the regular motion-capture animation system. You cannot capture motion and then use it in this system. You can, however, transfer an animation from this built-in system to the regular motion capture animation system. You can do that by arming all the controllers for record and starting the record while the built-in animation system is running.

So - not a bug I'm afraid. It is just that these are 2 different systems. 2.X will have a universal animation system that will allow import, editing, patterns, etc.

Back
Top Bottom