• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Fixed (1.20.1.0) Scene support files (image, sound, assets, etc...) not loading - Special characters no longer recognized

fubar_life123

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
fubarLife123
Scene support files (image, sound, assets, etc...) not loading - Special characters no longer recognized
When loading a scene, VaM would not open a file because it contained an umlaut. I think it has to do with change in the naming convention in storables.

I was unable to replicate this issue. If you have a specific file that does not load, please upload here and I can try it out.
I just noticed that the file name in the .vac archive is does not contain an umlaut but some other (non-standard) character in it's place. I'm not sure if this was accidentally done by the scene creator or a quirck of how 7-zip interprets .vac (zip) archives. Actually, I don't recall if I used 7-zip or if I used VaM to unpack the archive originally. However, I just unpacked it with 7-zip and the umlaut is replaced with that odd character.

The file name is:

"roter-bühnenvorhang.jpg"

but in the .vac archive (and when upacked) it is:

"roter-b├╝hnenvorhang.jpg"

I just thought I'd try running the .vac file through VaM and sure enough, it correctly interpreted the umlaut and unpacked the correct character. Apparently, it is some bug in 7-zip or 7-zip is not fully compatible with VAC as an archive format. I thought VAC(s)) were basically ZIP files. It works 9/10 but this is the first time I noticed issues with special language characters.

Using the Mega Scene Browser has made it easier to locate files that have not been accessed in a long time. I think it was just the fact that this is a more efficient way of dealing with scene files. You're more likely to find a problem (if you know what I mean).

It appears 7-zip is not 100% compatible with VAC files as archives.

Attachments

• Model - presentation dance.vac
    75.2 MB · Views: 0
OK - I was able to replicate. It appears to affect both VAC/VAR packaging. The local scene save/load is all working with special characters. I will try to fix, but it may be some kind of limitation with the zip system.

Back
Top Bottom