• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Using Kat Loco S Mocap mode as Vive Trackers in VAM (how?)

uxumax

Reactions
I bought Kat Loco S trackers. Using with Oculsus Quest 2. This device has mocap mode, that works fine in VRChat, bot doesn't work in VAM.

Mocap Mode Enabled in Kat Loco Settings
kat-loco-mocap-mode.PNG

My device photo

photo_2022-01-16_19-42-28.jpg

SteamVR see all trackers fine
sreamvr1.PNG

Moving detection inside VR works normal, but need some colibration in OpenVR-SpaceColibrator. It doesn't have to be done now
sreamvr2-inside.PNG

Video: Kat Loco - Mocap & Locomotion - VR Chat Gameplay

I sat role to each tracker as in this manual and this free guide. But VAM doesn't see trackers.

Physical or parent link atoms to any of 8 trackers has no effects
inVAM.PNG

Embody plugin also show same results. Head and hands only.
inVAM2.PNG

Also I trying add bindings to VAM\Assets\VaMAssets\SteamVR_Bindings, but this got no results.
I found a Kat Loco dll driver, but don't undetstand what do with it.

How to set up the VAM so that it sees Kat Loco trackers in mocap mode? Any idea?
Also I want to buy SlimeVR, but I have doubts that they won't work either.

Attachments

• photo_2022-01-16_19-42-28.jpg
    photo_2022-01-16_19-42-28.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 0
I TRY SLIMEVR ,it's not very well,in steamvr u can see all the tracker,but in vam only get 3(foot x2 + waist),you can't use knee tracker

Did you get the Kat Loco trackers to work with Vam at all? It sounds like you got them to work with Vam in a certain mode but not Mocap. I’m thinking of getting those instead of the Vive trackers.

I originally posted this on driver4vr forum, years ago, but in case people are looking to use kat loco as trackers. I have not tried to use them in years now, but it probably should still work with their updates (was just a config edit).

I had the original Kat Loco, not the S, but it should work the same.

Note that they are far from perfect for VAM, but they can work.

For anyone here with a kat loco, through a bunch of experimenting I have managed to get them to show up as normal trackers (so the mocap mode will be available to software other than vrchat).

First BACKUP your <Steam Folder>\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers folder to somewhere. Just in case!

Extract kat_tracker_actual_tracker7.7z into <Steam Folder>\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers.

I have also hacked together some better looking render models for them that actually look somewhat like the kat loco trackers and are about the right size in vr.

Extract kat_tracker_better_rendermodel.7z into <Steam Folder>\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers

I can not attach 7z files in vam forums, so links are to off-site.

Back
Top Bottom