Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
yameteouji.com
Twitter
YameteOuji
Patreon
YameteOuji
Hi everyone! I want to begin updating my older assets to be hub hosted but the problem I can't figure out is how to do it without creating a version update. The version update spams/bumps the clothing thread and I don't like that. If anyone knows a solution that would be very helpful! Thanks!

If there is a change, it needs to be a new version, otherwise nobody can tell the packages apart.

If you just want to edit the description page, you can do that without generating a notification or pushing it to the top in the list.

Upvote 0
This can give you "step by step" how to port to hub:
Similar if you are to move content from paid/EA category (external host) to free category (hub hosted).

I would just keep same package version, if you made no changes to existing external content (package).
That way users don't need to re-download same package again and increase VAM size (unless you made some changes, than bump package version).

Since most of your content is externally hosted there is no "record of it" on hub (or links from your content to any resource page),
so client package manager / hub should auto-link to correct resource page when using same package version (example: your recent update).

Upvote 0
@YameteOuji
EDIT: Actually something is broken with hub again (no surprise there), so kinda ignore this for now?

I wanna get back to this Q&A (since i just updated resource "silently" without an update or hub bumb).Had to test this theory. 🤣

1) go to your resource and click on "post an update" (blue)
2) check 'release new version' (of your resource)
3) pick 'new version number' of said resource version (mostly cosmetic, if left empty it's gonna use upload date)
4) upload/attach package
5) uncheck 'post an update' (so new update post is not generated)

...and viola!
new resource is uploaded, no hub bumb or update post, new resource version is latest one

...it should work the same way with you case (of external to hub hosted port).
Your current (externally hosted) is just another version of your resource (when you click download on history tab it goes there).
So if you upload for example version titled 1.0 hub or 2.0 it should be new (most recent) version of your resource and hub hosted.
in theory...i mean you can also 'post an update' with external download link, so? 🤷‍♂️

ps. also last update date doesn't change (on resource)

silentUpdate1.jpg

uncheck post an update ↑

silentUpdate2.jpg

new 'v5.0' is most recent ↑

no new update post/forum post (or hub bumb)
↓ so i edited previous update post from Feb 5.
silentUpdate3.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom