Question Unity Assetbundle size too big to build

assben

Banned User
Reactions
I tried my best to find the answer in Internet but I sill do not know how to solve. When I build a room assetbundle in unity but it display my bundle is too big.Here is the error:
asseSerialized file size of 5.13 GB (5504080036 bytes) exceeds maximum. File name: G:/unity/AVP6/Temp/StagingArea/Data/BuildPlayer-buildplayer-avp6_nighttime_lightsoff.sharedAssets. Serialized files over 4.00 GB (4294967295 bytes) cannot be loaded by the player. Some likely ways to reduce this are utilizing asset bundles, re-balancing asset locations, or limiting their serialized size e.g. limiting the maximum texture sizes.

Woah, don't make CUAs big as that!
The easiest and IMHO best way to reduce file size is to reduce the size of the textures.
No need for uncompressed 80MB normal maps, for instance. Especially not for unimportant parts.
You don't have to be able to read every page in every book at the bookshelf of your environment.
You have to make compromises.

An other possible issue: If you try to re-use meshes from other asset projects, that are a part of a bigger collection, Unity tends to put the whole collection to the newly made asset.
For instance: If you want to re-use a single book from the "apartment" project, and a single candlestick from the "cathedral" project, plus a wastebin from the "Tokyo" project, then you will maybe end up with a apartement+cathedral+Tokyo asset = 5GB

Upvote 0
I've found the best way to reduce file size, is to use the Decimate tool in Blender, before importing to Unity. You'd be surprised how many vertices some of the most simple small items can have. Once I was trying to make a Vanity area, with makeup, and found out one of the makeup trays had over a million vertices, the OBJ export for that small item alone was over 800MB's. Decimating it in Blender dropped its count to a thousand, and dropped the file size to a megabyte or two.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom