Undressing - is there a way to lock the cloth Position i set to a permanent state for a Look ?

Lione

Reactions
Since i am playing with Cloth Grab Spheres currently for animations i wonder if there is a way to receive sxy undressing looks
where for example the pants are a bit down or the pantie is half down or the skirt is up or shirt in a sxy position.

Sure the clothing should still simulate, so i can look a bit more under it moving it up or whatever hand action.
But it should no longer move on its own like from its physic / weight ...

The locked position(?) prepared cloths MeshedVR added, which offer a step down or up for undressing are great but very rare in VAM.
How did MeshedVR created these cloth sets with a menu function to position the cloths ?
He must have also locked this positions somehow?

Now i have this idea that this can be done with the Cloth Grab Spheres too i find a way to lock the sphere cloth body position?

Currently sure i can save a scene or look but if i reload it the cloth is mostly no longer in a expected position i added it saving the look or scene.
So can i physic link or lock a position of the spheres to a body part or leg part or Booty part ?

If you know how to do that can you add some Screenshots?

Similar question was asked some time ago (not that long) and from what I know this isn't possible. Since the program is loading all the clothings on loading a scene, they'll be loaded in "state=0". Meaning, they will reset everytime you load them.

From a logical standpoint/view this makes sense and is the only way possible since this is a physics simulation. If you wanna save a state "in between" you have to tell the program where everything is. For the people there are atoms but clothings don't have those atoms, it's just polygons (isn't it? correct me if I'm wrong), alot of them.
So saving a physics state would mean you have to kinda save the whole world in this "physics moment" as everything is interacting with each other.

I'd say it's impossible. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

//EDIT
Found it: https://hub.virtamate.com/threads/need-help-with-sim-clothing.9598

Hi Lione,
those undressing states (take a look at that linked old thread), are not done with physics or those ingame methodes you have used for the cloth grab spheres. They are done with "cloth morphes/poses" or more precise, they are made by altering the clothes mesh. That is something that is often used by DAZ clothes. Some of them have those undressing states in the options, or different poses for sitting (remember: no clothes physic with older DAZ clothes) or walking. As those early build-in clothes are DAZ clothes, Meshed has AFAIK made use of those DAZ cloth poses.

To understand why we can't do this for our own stuff, I have to go a bit deeper into history (ooohhhh noooo):
All of those early clothes were added long before the cloth physics system and even longer before the custom cloth importer. At that time Meshed tried out different things and methodes, but then went an other route. Most of that legacy stuff is still in the game. Some of those were not that bad, maybe think about those two early glasses-clothes which still are unbeaten and unmatched in the matter of usability.

To do something like those fixed undressing states for your own, the only methode I know (except from tinkering around with physics) are to custom import clothes from DAZ first in the original state and then again in the different undressing states. I tried that some times ago and it works... though, that clothes import system is no friend of mine... for me it never looks as clean as those hard coded underssing states from the early days. ;)

Hahaha...
I was about to add some screenshots of my own poorly made shit, but this is much better:
This are three different cloth items like I have suggested above, simulating "undress states".
You can download them with other great free stuff at:

YAMETEOUJI STORE

c31bdd_c19ebef765d94ba890b5f0c1851c3e37~mv2.webp

c31bdd_efbeca91aa7e4028bef60433f918e339~mv2.webp

c31bdd_fcc7d92c236c4d9e9dc4d287fb146034~mv2.webp

Only for your interest: Here is a screenshot example of those DAZ "cloth poses" I described above.

Attachments

• 0DAZ.jpg
    0DAZ.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi thx a lot
HolySchmidt
for the thread link and your ideas.

Actually lol again TToby that you explain that it is from the old vam days and destroy my idea to just click here and there in a second ;D

Now that you showed me the clothings from beluved https://yameteouji.wixsite.com/store
and that DAZ poses. You wrote

" To do something like those fixed undressing states for your own, the only methode I know (except from tinkering around with physics) are to custom import clothes from DAZ first in the original state and then again in the different undressing states. "

But these cloths are not from DAZ here.
Its from YAMETEOUJI and a VAM Var.

Or does he releases DAZ Versions too ?
So how did you do this now if its not a DAZ ?

I have no clue currently that you can save DAZ cloths " in the different undressing states "
And why do you need to import first in original and then again with a "pack" ?
So i need two exports from DAZ ?

One time original single look.
One time a pack with six or so positions right ?

And the second contains some jsons as presets?
Are they somehow combined to one "Set" then with like 7 presets if i import one and then the next undressing state "pack" ?

So you also have a dropdown then to select the undressing state or do you load a clothing preset then from a menu like with thumbs previews ?

Do you have a undressing state preset pack template hidden in your treassure box?
Like the ultimate undressing clothings poses pack powered by TToby? ;)

Last edited:
Hi @Lione ,
like always I have explained it more complicated than neccessary. Sorry for that.
No, the clothes from YAMETEOUJI are not from DAZ.
But those early clothes from VaM are 1:1 from DAZ.

YAMETEOUJI's fine clothings are IMHO a good example for what I tried to explain.
You will never (?) be able to do the same thing like MeshedVR did with those early VaM clothes.
No dropdown menu in a single item and stuff like this.
But instead of this, you can import clothes that are modeled in a way as like they are in a state of undressing.
Instead of having a dropdown menu with - lets say for instance - three different states, you can create and import custom clothes being in three different states of undressing as three completely seperate clothing items.
This is what YAMETEOUJI did. All other sub-files are simply material presets, I guess.

No, you don't have to neccessarily create one original and some undressed clothing items if you don't want to.
This was only meant as an example to have a similar collection like with those early VaM clothes and their drop-down menus. You can skip the original, for instance, and only create one clothing item looking undressed, if you want.

To create one yourself, you have to edit the clothing mesh in a 3d tool like Blender, deform them somehow in DAZ, or you can sometimes use those DAZ "clothing poses": to do this, prepare the clothes in DAZ like usual, dial-in those "poses" (only if those clothes may have some), export/import the clothes as OBJ, then save and import them in VaM... and with some luck it works maybe on the first try. But I vaguely remember sometimes it wasn't that simple. Not to speak of the fact that many of those clothes-with-poses for some reasons have way too many vertices.

Back
Top Bottom