UI buttons.

DarwinsTripod

Reactions
Is there a way to force the UI buttons to render in front. I’m building a scene where you can get the UI detach and follow the screen (or eye in vr) but unfortunately in certain positions or angles it’s obstructed by an object or even the floor.
Is there a way to force the buttons to stay on top/ in front of everything else.
I don’t really want to have to resize everything smaller and just bring it closer because then it won’t work as well when attached to the original location.
thanks.

What if you play with the render que on the button
HI
Yeah I tried that but i couldn't seem to get it to make a difference.

I have a vague memory I once saw a tick box button on an atom once that said "always render on top" I have no idea what type of atom it was but that exactly what i want for the buttons.

I feel like a plug-in from dollmaster (originally authored by VamDeluxe) achieves that functionality.
However, you'll have to script it yourself to pull that functionality in for yourself.

Another VAM sample script is ShowSelectedControllerHUD.sc.
I don't think this button is implemented, but the function that always appears on the front is implemented.
You will also need to modify the script this.

There may be others, but please refer to them.

I feel like a plug-in from dollmaster (originally authored by VamDeluxe) achieves that functionality.
However, you'll have to script it yourself to pull that functionality in for yourself.

Another VAM sample script is ShowSelectedControllerHUD.sc.
I don't think this button is implemented, but the function that always appears on the front is implemented.
You will also need to modify the script this.

There may be others, but please refer to them.
I did wonder whether a plug in might exist for it, i'll check it out, whether i'm capable of modifying the script or not though remains to be seen.
Thanks

Following the camera may not work well for VR as the focus area is close to the center of the lens. I don't think you want the UI covering the scene, nor have it on the corner where it becomes blurry and unreadable.

Following the camera may not work well for VR as the focus area is close to the center of the lens. I don't think you want the UI covering the scene, nor have it on the corner where it becomes blurry and unreadable.
I hear what you're saying and although it does work better on desktop in it's current configuration its still pretty useful in VR, If I can solve the clipping through the floor (or other objects) then i'll be mostly happy with it, also it has a button on it to lock it to its starting position if it does get in the way or become troublesome.

If you don't care about the buttons, you can also assign functions to the keyboard, etc.
If a button requires an explanation, you can just show it on the HUD display.
For HUD display, hazmhox has realized a good display function with some plug-ins, I feel that VAMOverlays can be realized.
What about this solution?

Oh, I don't know if it will work in VR.

Back
Top Bottom