Desktop Mode - Any way to pin Buttons, Slider etc. on UI?

Painter3000

Reactions
Hello everyone

is there a possibility to book or pin buttons, sliders or pictures to the UI or the main camera?
So that if you move around an object, these things stay locally like the UI?

Thank you and best regards

I found a solution after a long experiment. For those who could now face the same problem. You have to/can walk through unity, create a canvas there with the desired pictures, buttons etc. and import as an asset bundle in VAM!
Sometimes the solution is so simple that you don't see the forest for the trees! (y):)

I found a solution after a long experiment. For those who could now face the same problem. You have to/can walk through unity, create a canvas there with the desired pictures, buttons etc. and import as an asset bundle in VAM!
Sometimes the solution is so simple that you don't see the forest for the trees! (y):)
Nice solution, but there is a much easier way, you can just parent whatever you want to camerarig ;)

parenttocamera.jpg

Nice solution, but there is a much easier way, you can just parent whatever you want to camerarig ;)

View attachment 274569
Thank you a lot for your answer Yasparukko! I had to try it out right away, it works! :)
The only disadvantage I noticed in this way that the plugins like Postmagic also influence the appearance of the buttons and controllers.
I really wouldn't have come in [CameraRig] that it is the Mainwindow... :D

@Thanks Yasparukko for the Like!

Then there are problems with storing the link on the camerarig. After a restart of the scene, it is no longer available! But I don't know if my VAM causes the problems or whether it is a general bug? :rolleyes:

@Thanks Yasparukko for the Like!

Then there are problems with storing the link on the camerarig. After a restart of the scene, it is no longer available! But I don't know if my VAM causes the problems or whether it is a general bug? :rolleyes:

No problem, I have just checked, and you are right, parenting is no longer there after restart, must be a bug or something, sorry about that :confused:

Thank you for your feedback yasparukko. Then have to see if I go a detour via a script in VAM or via Unity and the CUA interface/import.
I am not a great programmer and unity expert but I am capable of learning! :D

Thank you SPQR, must try this plugin right away!
Had now started to edit the scene json file manually and insert this "linkTo": "[CameraRig]:CenterEye" command there. The disadvantage is that if you save the scene again, you start all over again! Otherwise it works... :)

Back
Top Bottom