Two issues (newbie)

fabio

Reactions
Hello, I've been using VaM for a week and I am having a blast. I'm using Desktop mode, I don't even need to imagine how cool it must be on VR. I have 2 issues and seeking for some help

1) Can absolute coordinates be used when I move any object, I mean relative to the world? The coordinates of each body part are relative to its current location/rotation, the 3 axes change directions all the time and it is hard for me to move / position the objects. For instance, if I do +0.5 on X, let it be relative to the world and not relative to the orientation of the chosen object.

2) For some reason I can't record any animation, this is what I'm doing
- Pressing "Select Controllers Enabled For Record", choosing a node to turn it green, pressing "Begin Record Mode"
- Pressing spacebar, moving the node, pressing spacebar again

nothing is recorded, maybe it's just for VR? Thank you for reading!

I just got to try your plugin and is a game changer! It is now 100x easier to move objects on the screen. Ehm, I hope you don't mind, I have slightly modified the Update function just for my personal use so position change & global coordinates are always enabled.

Code:
        private void Update()
        {
            SuperController sc = SuperController.singleton;
            bool handlesEnabled = sc.mainHUD.gameObject.activeSelf && sc.MonitorCenterCamera != null;
            bool usePosition = true;
            bool useRotation = handlesEnabled && Input.GetKey(KeyCode.RightControl);
            bool useGlobal = true;
            bool useGrid = handlesEnabled && Input.GetKey(KeyCode.Space);

if (useRotation)
            {
                usePosition = false;
            }

Thanks a million for your help, without this plugin I think I was going to go crazy trying to move stuff with local coordinates.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom