Newbie to VAM (Questions)

Purgy

Reactions
Hi just wanted to say hello and also ask some questions about VAM. First timer so here goes.
1. What is the system requirements for VAM.
2. Do i need a vr set or is there a way for i can just play it on my destop.
3. If i do need a vr, what would be the best recommend to use.
4. Also would i need to have additions to my laptop to make VAM run smoother or better if need be.
5. And if there is anything else i should know please tell me.

But it is nice to meet everyone here.

System requirements? If you don't want VR and desktop only, a high end gaming system should just about cope.
If you want VR, you are looking at the absolute best CPU/GPU combo you can possibly buy for good performance.
I wouldn't consider anything less than a 3060 and Ryzen 5 5600X which is what I have. It's usable in VR but certainly not great performance. I have to turn down the hair physics and restrict the number of models to use it.

Take a look at the benchmark test thread for a good idea of performance of different hardware in both Desktop and VR modes.

As mentioned, the Quest 2 is an awesome cheap way to get into PCVR with little effort. You can use the built in Airlink for wireless PCVR.

Hello

1. What is the system requirements for VAM --- I started with an I7 and RTX Max P 2070 - worked great with an Oculus Quest 2 but I just create models - multiple atoms in a scene start to chug :)
2. Do i need a vr set or is there a way for i can just play it on my desktop. --- Either is fine but I find it much more natural to create in VR - plus if you want the 'sex' experience (I prefer the real thing.... :) VR is the only way to go :)
3. If i do need a vr, what would be the best recommend to use. --- Quest 2 is great - I now use an HP reverb G2 which has drawbacks but image quality is much better. I now use an RTX 3080 and 32GB of RAM
4. Also would i need to have additions to my laptop to make VAM run smoother or better if need be. --- For me 32GB of RAM seem to help along with the 16GB 165 Watt RTX 3080
5. And if there is anything else i should know please tell me. --- When using the Quest 2 I found using the desktop VR app wirelessly with a wifi 6 router worked very well

Hope that helps and happy to answer any more questions you may have

Hello

1. What is the system requirements for VAM --- I started with an I7 and RTX Max P 2070 - worked great with an Oculus Quest 2 but I just create models - multiple atoms in a scene start to chug :)
2. Do i need a vr set or is there a way for i can just play it on my desktop. --- Either is fine but I find it much more natural to create in VR - plus if you want the 'sex' experience (I prefer the real thing.... :) VR is the only way to go :)
3. If i do need a vr, what would be the best recommend to use. --- Quest 2 is great - I now use an HP reverb G2 which has drawbacks but image quality is much better. I now use an RTX 3080 and 32GB of RAM
4. Also would i need to have additions to my laptop to make VAM run smoother or better if need be. --- For me 32GB of RAM seem to help along with the 16GB 165 Watt RTX 3080
5. And if there is anything else i should know please tell me. --- When using the Quest 2 I found using the desktop VR app wirelessly with a wifi 6 router worked very well

Hope that helps and happy to answer any more questions you may have
Awesome do you recommend any sites for i can find the right parts or laptops that would work with the Oculus Quest and VAM in general.

Back
Top Bottom