Question Tongue and clothing collisions

Orange*Gumi

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
twitter.com
Twitter
OrangeGumixxx
I was able to affix clothing to the PERSON's tongue.
However, when I turn on the Sim, it falls through the tongue.
Is it possible for the tongue to collide with the clothing?
Person's "tongue collision" is turned on.

I am using machine translation.
I'm sorry for my bad English.

You might have to adjust the clothing.
The clothing has to be attached to the tongue at some points, or it will fall apart.
For this purpose, there is a function to add a solid color or a hand painted physics simulation image to the clothes.
I think it might be the same effect like having a skirt with simulation,
but the skirt is not attached to the hip and falls down.
It is a bit difficult to explain,
so maybe you could have a look at some tutorials or other people's clothing.

Upvote 0
@TToby
Thank you for answering my questions in poor English.
I guess I did not explain my question well.

I understand how to use a texture to bind the Cloth to the body.
What I wanted to know is whether the tongue is excluded from the collision in the Cloth simulation. I have attached a new reference video.
Is this a VAM specification?
Similarly, it seems that the geometry inside the mouth cannot be used for Cloth collision.

I want to create saliva that slides off tongue and drips down.

Upvote 0
@Orange*Gumi
OK, now I understand you.
There are many issues with the tongue in VaM.
It even has its own "disable tongue collision" for a good reason.
As you may already know, VaM isn't perfect. It still has many bugs, so maybe the tongue collision is one of them.
Like physics enabled clothes will not collide with the male legs, but the male legs can collide with a female, this may be a similar effect.
I never have tried it myself, but as I think about this, there were some other guys trying a similar tongue cloth like you. AFAIK they have ended with a clothing item for the lips, so the salvia drips from the mouth, not from the tongue.
I guess the discussions about that item were at the VaM Discord and may be difficult to find.
After all of your tests, I think you have gained more knowledge about tongue-cloth collision like most of us who have never tried this. If you can't make it work, then it may be simply impossible.
Maybe you could use the mouth-dripping as a workaround.

EDIT: By the way, great video clips as examples!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@TToby
I've only been using VaM for three months and I assumed I was missing something.
The current version of VaM isn't perfect, but I'm enjoying getting over that problem with my ingenuity.

I will look into how to implement this feature using CUA or a script.

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
@Orange*Gumi
I've taken a look at some older clothing items and found the one I had mentioned.
It is from the creator "50Shades" and was before the VaM-Hub was started.
He obviously had the same issues like you: The cloth he had made is attached somewhere inside the mouth, but then it is clipping through the tongue. Obviously there is no working tongue/cloth collision, like you had already found out.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom