• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Tips for preventing clothes clipping through each other?

Reanimator

Reactions
Website
www.patreon.com
I am attempting to layer a jacket on top of a swimsuit, but no matter what I try to adjust on the jacket, the swimsuit always clips through. Does anyone have tips for preventing this when layering clothing? Here's what it looks like with default settings (top) and with the collision distance increased (bottom):

1612889080.jpg

1612889110.jpg

the thickness or surface offset sliders help
if the jacket is simmed, the collision sliders and even the distance slider can help
this will make her look fat however and still won't hold up to extreme movement

Layering clothing was always a weak point in VaM. I once naively have asked MeshedVR if there could possibly be some kind of collision between the different clothes, and he answered something like "that would be a technical nightmare". ;-)
All you can do about that is like the others answers suggested. You have to play around with thickness and/or physics. Maskin some parts as stiff, or disabling the physics from the inner part of the layered clothing could help. It will not be ideal, but only some tinkering around. We maybe simply have to lower our expectations and to accept that. As you maybe already know: worst case is to import DAZ clothing with an outer and an inner lining (with physics). Those will clip permanently while moving and there is almost nothing you could do about that. :-(

Back
Top Bottom