Catsuit / leggings: Clipping how to prevent it?

moriana

Reactions
Hi,
i have recently bought vam + vamx. It is an awesome software :). I love tight clothes on the models, but i have made quite often the experience, that tight clothes like catsuits are clipping the most time. You can see the skin of the model shimmer through the catsuit depending on the movement (butt, breats). This makes the overall experience not that good. Also some suits texture is weirdly strechted depending on the position. It looks not really good.
Are there any tips how to prevent this?

Hi,
i have recently bought vam + vamx. It is an awesome software :). I love tight clothes on the models, but i have made quite often the experience, that tight clothes like catsuits are clipping the most time. You can see the skin of the model shimmer through the catsuit depending on the movement (butt, breats). This makes the overall experience not that good. Also some suits texture is weirdly strechted depending on the position. It looks not really good.
Are there any tips how to prevent this?
It really depends on the clothing itself, some leggings are designed really well and work great, others ... not so much! Normally you can adjust clipping by increasing the collision radius if it's a SIM piece of clothing in the Physics tab of the clothing or if you go into Adjustments, increasing either the thickness or surface offset will also do it. If you do this too much, the clothing becomes not tight any more so that's no good of course! Normally, even with the really well designed clothing, I still have to make some fine adjustments. Take a look at the scene I did here:

This uses leggings from @TheCreator (previously Mr_CaddilacV8) which are publicly available, he also has a great collection of others on his Patreon if you wanted to buy more.

So i have tested it. The main issue is the smooth physics. If i deactivate them, i dont got those clipping effects. Does this make any sense?

So i have tested it. The main issue is the smooth physics. If i deactivate them, i dont got those clipping effects. Does this make any sense?
Figures yeah, soft physics are great but really so noticeable with clothes on so might be a good answer. Soft body physics are also costly performance wise.

Back
Top Bottom