How to edit clothing?

ThighsEnjoyer

Reactions
I want to make a preset for an existing clothing. In particular i want to make crotchless version, but i dont know where to look and i couldn't find anything.
Is there a way to make some parts of an existing clothing transparent while keeping everything else?

First off, making a clothing preset is like making a appearance preset, etc, there's a tab below clothes for clothing presets.
The alpha value in the clothing options handles transparency, Some clothing have multiple layers and you can adjust the alpha on each part, hopefully only affecting the part you want to be transparent.

When you can't make only a certain part transparent adjusting the alpha, then you need to make your own alpha texture. It's a greyscale image where white is no transparency, black is full transparency, and anything in between some value of transparency (alpha).
Depending on the clothing item it could be easy to do based on a existing diffuse texture, you can see where each part is, or blind guess if it's only a vac texture.
Find a existing clothing item that has some transparency and analyse it to get an idea on how it works. Let me know if you get stuck.

I was able to figure out how it works thanks to your advices.
The problem I'm facing right now is creating the Alpha texture, its very time consuming to blindly guess the transparency spot, any advice on how to speed up the job or should i just keep doing trial and error until i get it?

I was able to figure out how it works thanks to your advices.
The problem I'm facing right now is creating the Alpha texture, its very time consuming to blindly guess the transparency spot, any advice on how to speed up the job or should i just keep doing trial and error until i get it?
You can use an existing clothing texture as a guide. Open vam in desktop mode, load the clothing item, and click the "customize" button. Then select the purple tab, then the "textures" button, and, at top left, click "create UV template texture". The clock the button above it, "open folder in windows explorer. You should find a wireframe UV texture template.

1655687644119.png

Just paint white on the areas to be made clear, and black on everything else. Don't worry about staying inside the lines; anything outside the template area, white or black, will be ignored anyway.
Make your changes, then save as a different file name so you keep the original template in case you need to try again.

Back
Top Bottom