Question [Timeline] Record Animation

Luxi0r27

Reactions
Hello everyone :)

I use the Record Mode of Timeline all the time which is very convenient and fast with a VR headset.

1/ How can I modify an animation in record mode? Example: I make a 100 seconds animation and I decide to modify from the 30th second except that when I do it, it modifies the beginning, the first keyframe and it's just boring and not practical.
Am I doing it wrong ? :unsure: Any manipulation to keep the animation of the first 30 seconds ?

2/ Is it possible to see the timer on your VR headset ? Because I always have to look or count to 5 ^^
And possible with which shortcut key to stop the record ?

Thanks ! (y)

I'm not sure I completely understand the question, but when I need to modify a part of a recording, like a bulk move or a rerecord of the 2nd half of an animation I just make a copy of the animation, chop off the beginning, do the modification and stitch them back together with the merge animation option. Not sure that's the best approach but it works for me.

Upvote 0
1/ How can I modify an animation in record mode? Example: I make a 100 seconds animation and I decide to modify from the 30th second except that when I do it, it modifies the beginning, the first keyframe and it's just boring and not practical.
Am I doing it wrong ? :unsure: Any manipulation to keep the animation of the first 30 seconds ?

Thanks ! (y)
New timeline (280) does exactly as you want, it allows you to start recording from your cursor position, without deleting previous keyframes

Upvote 0
I also wondered if there is a way to see the timer countdown in vr, or maybe assign record to one of the buttons on a controller.

Upvote 0
I also wondered if there is a way to see the timer countdown in vr, or maybe assign record to one of the buttons on a controller.
I had a kinda similar question the other day about interacting with timeline while in VR and Acid Bubbles recommended using the In game UI.

You can see the timer counter and/or record button in VR using this.
As far as assigning record to a controller button, I don't think that's possible right now but I'm hopeful...
Until then the VamTimelineController seems to be the best option.

Other (kinda similar) thread:

Upvote 0
I'll have to try that @CheersMate. Another cool option would be to set up a voice command like "Record" and "Stop". I wonder if that's possible?
I love speech recognition. Anything to keep you "in the scene" and away from pressing buttons is a plus.
Anything that you can trigger with a button you can trigger with speech. Definitely "stop/play/pause" but I don't think that you can trigger record. At least I don't know how to do it.

One thing that you could do is set a trigger at the beginning of the scene to flash a light or sign to indicate recording has started. There would be a little delay before you could react but it would be better than watching the countdown.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom