Question Timeline - Queue next animation from different atom?

blasehase

Reactions
hi all, i'm looking to setup the following sequence in timeline:

atom aatom a anim 1atom a anim 2atom b anim 3atom a anim z
atom batom b anim xatom b anim yatom b anim z

so essentially: play animations on atom a, freeze state of atom a while playing animations on atom b, play another animation on atom a without animating atom b, then play an animation which involves both atoms in sync

so, my challenges are:

* when i am looking at atom a anim 2 in timeline sequence tab, i have no option to set play next to atom b anim x - how do i do that? right now the sequence just stops after atom a anim 2
* when starting atom a anim 1, atom b anim x starts playing alongside it - how do i prevent it from autoplaying? how to make it start only after atom a anim 2?

what i've been doing so far is to create empty dummy animations in the other atom respectively, where start and end are essentially the same. but this can't be the right solution, can it? so what am i missing?

Last edited:
Sequence is for the current atom (mainly), not another atom.
Clicking the button "All" in Timeline of atom A might also play atom B, I'm not sure. If the animations are named differently and you only want atom A, plus whatever is set as the sequence animation, you can just add a UIbutton with a trigger only to play that animation of atom A.

Here's some pointers for animation coordination:
Besides these 2 points you can also play around with animation times and sequences to reach the intended goals. You can have a atom with a empty animation, or prolonged animation, looks like frozen, to make it easier to sync to another's lenghtier animation needs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As an addition to the excellent answer from @atani , you can also use layers. to separate "remote sequencing" from the animation if needed. For example, you have Anim 1 running on the layer Main and the layer Remote. They start together, but the layer Remove could have it's own sequencing, length and triggers which could affect other atoms using the same-name animations strategy.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom