Timeline question on start point

Ghost779

Reactions
I've seen where someone asked this question once, but there was no response. Is it possible to change the start point of a timeline animation without going through and changing every single "control" target inside the timeline via pose or keyframe pose? Has to be.

I had two actors in a perfect timeline sequence, and somehow they now start in a different location. Moving them back manually and hitting "start" on the animation sees them drift back to the wrong area. It wasn't like this originally, and I didn't change it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom.

I believe I may have figured it out. Maybe someone with most knowledge can confirm. Creating a subscene linking the two actors (calling it a "grab") via the parent function allows me to reposition both actors in place. Or seems to.

I've seen where someone asked this question once, but there was no response. Is it possible to change the start point of a timeline animation without going through and changing every single "control" target inside the timeline via pose or keyframe pose? Has to be.

I had two actors in a perfect timeline sequence, and somehow they now start in a different location. Moving them back manually and hitting "start" on the animation sees them drift back to the wrong area. It wasn't like this originally, and I didn't change it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the wisdom.

As a more detailed answer: what's happening her is that you probably have the "root" target added to the animation. Moved the control to another location at the last frame but forget to update it on the first frame.

To fix that, copy the last frame of your root/control and paste it on the first frame.

You should never animate the root control unless you need to (eg: walk cycle/motion in the area). This will allow you to move freely the character if you need :)

Back
Top Bottom