Guides texturing workflow/techniques I use for my clothing sets | Videos

Re-visions_VAM

On leave (Burnt out)
Featured Contributor
Reactions
Patreon
ReVisions_Vam
Re-visions_VAM submitted a new resource:

My Texturing Workflow For My Purple Mage Saber Set | Video - Video to learn my texturing workflow/techniques

For this, you must have access to adobe substance painter

This includes 2 videos, one upcoming purple mage saber, and one Assassin Saber 2

To increase your overall quality of your clothing and skill,
I will make more video posts on my future clothing.

Soon I will include my blender workflow~!

It is important to use these settings if you wish to follow my workflow without any hiccups
Do not select any template.
leave it as (select...

Read more about this resource...

Excellent, thank you very much!
I just got into SP and did some skin edits.
How's the process to bring over a clothing item from VAM to SP?

Maybe this can help others, these are my Substance painter export settings, the names are identified (Duffuse, spectacular, glossines, opacity and Normal maps for OpenGl) so they won't have weird names when exporting.

You need to unzip in the following path

\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Substance 3D Painter\assets\export-presets

1724867378578.png

You should change the project settings to Normal Maps for OpenGL.
1724867417898.png

Excellent, thank you very much!
I just got into SP and did some skin edits.
How's the process to bring over a clothing item from VAM to SP?
select no template when you start a new project, and when you are done, export via VRay Next Specular Glossniess (my reasons bellow for this workflow)
Base Color Replaces Diffuse
Height replaces spec OR you can use https://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ & input your normal map and export spec from that
Roughness replaces Glossiness
normal maps are just normal maps.

I Export using (vray next specular glossiness) to fix the normal maps for vam.
(I've always had a problem with my normal maps flipping on one side. I think this is due to me mirroring my clothing in blender, and the normal maps messing up in z or y axis or something. It's very confusing to explain the complexity of normal maps but exporting using (vray next specular glossiness) fixes the problems I have in VAM with normal maps flipping on one side.

It doesn't matter if you use glossiness or roughness, as they are the same looking in VAM when you do custom roughness maps like I do. This goes for the Diffuse, Spectacular/ ---> base layer, height as well.

the reason why I (don't select any template) is so I can have base, roughness, height & normal as an easy base set-up. selecting no templates allows me to baking lights on the base color map.
when I'm done texturing, I export via VRay Next Specular Glossiness.
this export works best with vam 1 from my 1+ years of texturing process for vam 1)

Last edited:
select no template when you start a new project, and when you are done, export via VRay Next Specular Glossniess (my reasons bellow for this workflow)
Base Color Replaces Diffuse
Height replaces spec OR you can use https://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ & input your normal map and export spec from that
Roughness replaces Glossiness
normal maps are just normal maps.

I Export using (vray next specular glossiness) to fix the normal maps for vam.
(I've always had a problem with my normal maps flipping on one side. I think this is due to me mirroring my clothing in blender, and the normal maps messing up in z or y axis or something. It's very confusing to explain the complexity of normal maps but exporting using (vray next specular glossiness) fixes the problems I have in VAM with normal maps flipping on one side.

It doesn't matter if you use glossiness or roughness, as they are the same looking in VAM when you do custom roughness maps like I do. This goes for the Diffuse, Spectacular/ ---> base layer, height as well.

the reason why I (don't select any template) is so I can have base, roughness, height & normal as an easy base set-up. selecting no templates allows me to baking lights on the base color map.
when I'm done texturing, I export via VRay Next Specular Glossiness.
this export works best with vam 1 from my 1+ years of texturing process for vam 1)
Wow thank you for explaining!
I’ll definitely have a look again

Back
Top Bottom