Answered System Reqs

Peter Rabbit

Reactions
Hello lovely people,

I'm thinking about getting down and dirty on the VAM scene but haven't taken the leap yet, mainly because I've got a new PC that is yet to arrive, but I can't see anywhere what the system requirements to run the programme are. Are there any, does anyone know, can someone point in the right direction?

Thank you for your help!

Looking forward to joining the community.

PR x

I would use the established VR spec as absolute minimum requirements for VaM. However, you really want all the performance you can afford. VaM makes even absolut High-end PCs scream for mercy. What you especially need for VaM 1.xx is raw single core CPU power. VaM 2.xx is supposed to be a bit better at using multiple cores.

Specs for Oculus Rift S ( https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/ )

ComponentRecommended SpecsMinimum Specs
ProcessorIntel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greaterIntel i3-6100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350 or greater
Graphics CardNVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greaterNVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470 or greater
Alternative Graphics CardNVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greaterNVIDIA GTX 960 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
Memory8GB+ RAM8GB+ RAM
Operating SystemWindows 10Windows 10
USB Ports1x USB 3.0 ports1x USB 3.0 port
Video OutputCompatible DisplayPort video outputCompatible miniDisplayPort video output (miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter included with Rift S)

Upvote 0
I would use the established VR spec as absolute minimum requirements for VaM. However, you really want all the performance you can afford. VaM makes even absolut High-end PCs scream for mercy. What you especially need for VaM 1.xx is raw single core CPU power. VaM 2.xx is supposed to be a bit better at using multiple cores.

Specs for Oculus Rift S ( https://support.oculus.com/248749509016567/ )

ComponentRecommended SpecsMinimum Specs
ProcessorIntel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greaterIntel i3-6100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350 or greater
Graphics CardNVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greaterNVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470 or greater
Alternative Graphics CardNVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greaterNVIDIA GTX 960 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
Memory8GB+ RAM8GB+ RAM
Operating SystemWindows 10Windows 10
USB Ports1x USB 3.0 ports1x USB 3.0 port
Video OutputCompatible DisplayPort video outputCompatible miniDisplayPort video output (miniDisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter included with Rift S)
Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear!

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
A couple of people have posted recently about Vam crashing all the time, and it turned out the thing they had in common was having only 8GB of RAM. VaM really needs more than that. Even at 16GB, you need to do a hard reset every now and again to clear things out. I recently upgraded to 32GB, and find VaM memory usage hovers around 20 to 24GB for a 2 person scene.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom