Question Ways of randomize Acidbubbles' timeline animation (under trigger system)

Reactions
In practice, after I make an animation with Acidbubbles' timeline plugin, what can I do to randomize this animation with a trigger (each time when it is triggers, it plays with different speed or in a more advanced sence, with a different speed pattern, say fast at the beginning and slow at the end )

One way to do this would be to do several copies of your animation under one group (name them starting with "Group/").
Use the "Stretch" feature to make them shorter (i.e. faster) or longer. As it will be copies, you could easily make one animation faster at the beginning (by bringing the keyframes closer to each others) and slow at the end (opposite operation) - or by adding a trigger track in your animation with 2 triggers: one to change the speed to a high value at the very beginning of your animation and another in the middle setting the speed to a low value.
Then you can add a button with a very simple trigger: one that will trigger Timeline plugin with "Play Group/*". Or no button at all if you want the animations to continually play: just sequence them using "Group/*" as "Play next" for all of them.
I like this method best, because you could add small variations among your animations to make your scene look less monotonous.

If you want to avoid making copies, you could make multiple buttons with different set of triggers. So one button would have the following triggers:
  • Hide itself
  • Change Timeline animation speed to a specific value
  • Play the animation
  • Show another button
If you want only 1 button or no button at all: you'll need an additional plugin. FloatRandomizer or LogicBrick should do the trick.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom