Featured Contributor
Reactions
Website
patreon.com
Twitter
everlasterVR
Patreon
everlaster
Currently a banned user's profile cannot be opened, and the search functionality doesn't suggest banned users when typing in their name to the user name filter. However banned users can still have resource pages that exist and can be navigated to by direct link. It would be useful to be able to find all of such existing content from a given banned user.

Currently a banned user's profile cannot be opened, and the search functionality doesn't suggest banned users when typing in their name to the user name filter. However banned users can still have resource pages that exist and can be navigated to by direct link. It would be useful to be able to find all of such existing content from a given banned user.
Really? This is news to me. Maybe it depends on the user, but every resource I've attempted to locate by banned users is gone(Just tried with resources by SPQR that still show on Google, but gave me an error message)

Really? This is news to me. Maybe it depends on the user, but every resource I've attempted to locate by banned users is gone(Just tried with resources by SPQR that still show on Google, but gave me an error message)
Sometimes the resource isn't deleted, it depends on whether the resource violated some policy or license terms, and whether the banned user has requested their stuff to be removed.

When I created this thread, the direct link to e.g. SPQR's Alive still worked but you couldn't find it using the Search function. Hence this thread.

What?!?! That sucks. A while back I was looking for a way to manipulate gravity in timeline and SPQR actually added it to MagicAtoms for me. Very cool. Sad news.

But, the reason I ran across this post and am here now... I was making something using the SQPRDynamicText plugin in AeternumToolsPack and after a cleanup and attempted reload it no longer worked!! I started searching for alternatives but couldn't find anything similar.

As a final act though, SPQR bundled and posted everything on Patreon for free and suggests anyone who uses it just unpack and store within their own var. I don't really like this idea for a few reasons, but maybe others will repackage some of them. Except I guess the one/ones that violated the site policies, whatever those were??

On a related note, if anyone knows of a plugin that can update UIText with variable data (numbers specifically with basic math functions) please let me know. Thanks.

OR/additionally, what is the policy on repackaging a banned or removed user's vars (assuming they give permission of course)?

What?!?! That sucks. A while back I was looking for a way to manipulate gravity in timeline and SPQR actually added it to MagicAtoms for me. Very cool. Sad news.

But, the reason I ran across this post and am here now... I was making something using the SQPRDynamicText plugin in AeternumToolsPack and after a cleanup and attempted reload it no longer worked!! I started searching for alternatives but couldn't find anything similar.

As a final act though, SPQR bundled and posted everything on Patreon for free and suggests anyone who uses it just unpack and store within their own var. I don't really like this idea for a few reasons, but maybe others will repackage some of them. Except I guess the one/ones that violated the site policies, whatever those were??

On a related note, if anyone knows of a plugin that can update UIText with variable data (numbers specifically with basic math functions) please let me know. Thanks.

OR/additionally, what is the policy on repackaging a banned or removed user's vars (assuming they give permission of course)?

TLDR; Licenses on content from banned creators are still respected and upheld by the moderation team, regardless of banned status. If a creator was banned specifically for content violations, we may, under certain circumstances, ask you to kindly stop using that content as dependencies but you would not receive a warning or violation.

SPQR's resources will still download correctly as dependencies, so there's no need to repack them inside a var. Unfortunately, the removal of the account and the content was on request, so we have no control over that, but we made sure that dependencies would not be broken by the situation. We cannot discuss the reasons for a ban, but I can say that the issues were not content related. We have no complaints about SPQR's quality content, and we respect SPQR as a creator. We will also continue to protect SPQR's wishes for their content licenses.

Generally speaking, if a user was banned for content violations then we will try to limit the spread of their prohibited content. In those cases, their content may contain copyright violations, stolen work, or other types of prohibited material. It's not wise to use content from a banned creator if you don't know the reason the content was removed. We do not blacklist content, instead, we may ask a creator from time to time to stop using a particular banned user's content (usually only in cases where they are using that banned creator's content excessively or exclusively).

If you have already created scenes using content from a creator who was banned for content violations, it's not likely that we would ask you to go back and remove it unless there were extenuating circumstances, such as your account violating other policies on top of using sketchy content as dependencies.

If the content is still available on the Hub by direct link, or if the content still downloads correctly as a dependency in-game, you can assume the content itself is approved by the moderation team and therefore all license rules for that content still apply. Unless the creator was willfully breaking copyright or stealing other people's work, we still respect their licenses even if they have been banned.

If SPQR has suggested all may repack their content for free, then you may do so at your discretion.

Sometimes the resource isn't deleted, it depends on whether the resource violated some policy or license terms, and whether the banned user has requested their stuff to be removed.

When I created this thread, the direct link to e.g. SPQR's Alive still worked but you couldn't find it using the Search function. Hence this thread.

And just to clarify, again, SPQR resources should no longer be accessible by direct link, and that was on request. For SPQR specifically, you would have to address the issue with them. I would like to make it clear I'm not suggesting you go beg SPQR to allow the resources to be searchable, because we very much want to respect SPQR's wishes. I only want to clarify that you not being able to find them in a search is part of our responsibility to SPQR's content and privacy rights.

On final note, just to update this thread a bit and keep it on the radar --

I think you would find there are very few resources (if any) from banned creators which we would/could allow to be linked to directly. Generally speaking, most bans are a result of content policy violations.
I'm going to make some wild estimates, but something like 90% of bans are related to content violations (copyright infringement, daz imports, stolen content, or policies on disturbing or offensive content). The other 9% of bans are related to duplicate accounts of those previously banned users trying to sneak back onto the hub under a pseudonym. And the final 1% would be breaking policies on behavior and conduct on the Hub. Within that 1%, precious few might have resources that the community finds useful or valuable.

I am exaggerating, (but not by much) - so for the purposes of illustration - 99% of the banned user content we deal with must be removed from view so that a user who has been pirating other people's work and violating content licenses does not continue to profit from their misdeeds, and so that the pirated content does not continue to be spread around, increasing the damage and insult to the creators who were wronged.

For the 1% of users who had quality content but were banned for other reasons, we are at the mercy of their wishes for their remaining content on the Hub.

As such, although a "banned user content search" may eventually be implemented, I wanted you to understand and have realistic expectations about how little that would change based on the concerns you raised in the original post.

Back
Top Bottom