Plugins Studio Maestro

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

Studio Maestro - Virtual photography at your fingertips

⚠ PLEASE:
  • If you like this asset, consider liking and reviewing it for the community
  • Read the documentation, read the ingame help if you have any trouble. We will not answer private messages asking questions about things that are actually explained in the documentation/help.

View attachment 353757

What is Studio Maestro
Studio Maestro is a virtual photography session plugin allowing you to create presets for...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, it's a great plugin! I have a question/request though:

Would it be possible to make it work with lights loaded as subscenes? I am loading some epi subscene and parent it to your empty atom. After saving, it looks like all light atoms are correctly added and subscene atom can be safely deleted. I can rotate the rig correctly, however all lights seem to have exact same default settings. If I manually parent each light individually instead of a subscene, looks like their values are saved into the preset correctly.

It's not a big problem if you need to manually parent each light instead of a subscene containing them, but it would be nice to have.

Hey babul : )

The goal is to remove all the friction induced by the 10000 ways of doing presets and control a scene in virtual photography situations inside VAM.

By starting to divide the way you handle lighting from the plugin, you start complicating things and potentially induce bugs OR "ha yeah this time that was a light in a subscene and that time it was a light in my light preset" scenarios.

Also, handling the same feature as Maestro's light rig will imply to have new control. Which will pack the UI with additional controls that only you (or a couple of other persons) will use when the rest will use the integrated light preset system.

You can simply load up your favourite light rig subscene, then save a light preset. I know there's a bug to fix that I will address soon, you need to unparent the items beforehand. But in the future that's gonna be as simple as loading the subscene with your light rig and save the preset.

I think what you're trying to achieve here goes in the opposite direction of the plugin's goal : )
To use an analogy: that's like if you were asking your car dealer to have a stick shift on top of your automatic transmission. That's kind of counter productive, choose one or the other ^^

( and don't tell me that semi-auto cars exists, that's not the point I'm trying to make :p )

My way of saying: embrace the lighting process from Maestro and save your favourite light subscenes as Maestro light presets. Subscenes were just a way of compensating the lack of tools. Maestro handles that by itself : )

Juno told me I misunderstood your intent (which is true after reading it back). You're just talking about the know bug of importing lights from a subscenes. But this is great this also will be a testament to people wanting lights in subscenes ;)
(see what I did there :p)

I'll fix the subscene issue as soon as possible!
In the meantime, load your subscene then use the "unparent all" before saving the light preset and you'll be fine ^^

Btw, you should not parent it to anything, simply save the light preset after loading the subscene (and for now: unparented all lights).

You've made a lot of excellent plugins, and this is another one,thanks for the tutorial video, and sorry for the wrong vote, I can't change it now, so i'm trying to ask the admin to remove it ,I really hope it works

You've made a lot of excellent plugins, and this is another one,thanks for the tutorial video, and sorry for the wrong vote, I can't change it now, so i'm trying to ask the admin to remove it ,I really hope it works

Thank you for getting back to me on this : )

We're okay.
On a side note: we're preparing an import system and a set of presets in the near future for lights. Hope this will help you get you started with the plugin.

Thank you for getting back to me on this : )

We're okay.
On a side note: we're preparing an import system and a set of presets in the near future for lights. Hope this will help you get you started with the plugin.

My request to withdraw my vote was responded to, making up for my mistakes, and I hope to be forgiven by you.

My request to withdraw my vote was responded to, making up for my mistakes, and I hope to be forgiven by you.

You were already as mentionned in the previous post :)
Not a lot of people make amends for inconsiderate reactions, you did, and I really appreciate that, thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom